1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best price for a Lex MC12???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by uncle eric, Oct 5, 2001.

1. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might as well start looking now. Cant be bothered to wait much longer.
    I've decided to sell my Denon A1SE right after the upgrades and go for the Lex.

I was wondering if anyones seen any competetive prices for this product?

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Lex offering a part ex deal last year for their MC1??

Just a thought.

Eric

2. Dan_BlitzedS14

Dan_BlitzedS14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lexicon did offer owners of the DC1 a trade in deal to go for an MC-1 when it was first launched a few years ago.

They also did an offer where you could trade in any processor / reciever for an MC-1 and they would give you a certain percentage of whatever you paid for your trade in item, according to the spec of the unit (ie. PLG / DD/DTS).

They are now offering a trade in of an MC-1 to a MC12.

Don't think you'll find a cheap one floating around though. You could always import one yourself I spose, but I wouldn't personally. Even if you got it here ok and didn't get hit too hard for import tax, I'd put money on the switch mode PSU going at some point. It's just in their nature and CSE would glady "sell" you a replacement, but at what cost I wonder.

3. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dan, you are right of course, looking for a cheapie right now is like looking for Bin-Laden.
    I was wondering if there is any competetive pricing between the Lex dealers.
    I suppose not though if the Stewart and M&K distributers are anything to go by.
    Their mentality is kill the customer not each other.

Eric