Bargain Best price ever for a new a-list 4K release?

JonnyTester

I wasn't going to bother with the Alien 40th Anniversary 4K release as I already own it on VHS and dvd. But I was on the bluray.com website and saw it is available to order from amazon.com for just $16.29/£12.45 inc taxes (at today's exchange rate). I couldn't resist it, especially since my sister lives in Brooklyn and she'll be home at the start of May. I reckon that has to be a great deal for what looks to be a seriously a-list 4K release.

Steve356

Distinguished Member
I wasn't going to bother with the Alien 40th Anniversary 4K release as I already own it on VHS and dvd. But I was on the bluray.com website and saw it is available to order from amazon.com for just $16.29/£12.45 inc taxes (at today's exchange rate). I couldn't resist it, especially since my sister lives in Brooklyn and she'll be home at the start of May. I reckon that has to be a great deal for what looks to be a seriously a-list 4K release.
Just looked at it and got a UK landed price of £20.91. Not really that much of a bargain by the time you pay delivery charges and UK taxes.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Just looked at it and got a UK landed price of £20.91. Not really that much of a bargain by the time you pay delivery charges and UK taxes.
You should get those taxes refunded afterwards if the set is under the £15 threshold.

JonnyTester

Okay, the taxes I referred to are New York state taxes. It is being delivered to my sister's address in Brooklyn and she's bringing it over for me when she comes home in May (I think I already said this in my original post - yep I did). But the WowHD price is particularly good. If I was in desperate need of it I would probably cancel my order and go for that instead.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom