Best pre-order price for Starwars boxset

Jimbobgod

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just planning ahead a bit here :) Has anyone seen a cheaper pre-order price for the Starwars espisodes 4-6 boxset than approx £22 from DVDSoon? Even with a bit of import duty that's the cheapest I've seen.

Jimbob

With import duty you would end up paying nearer to £30 and Amazon.co.uk are doing it for £28.99 so those 2 sites are the best places to get it from but I would go for Amazon as they wont take your money until September where as DVDSoon would take it now.

True, DVDSoon do take your money straight away...but is import duty really 36% :eek:

This was posted in another thread....

On anything over £18 it will be 21% (3.5 duty 17.5% vat) so it will be

so for £30 it will be

£6.30 + £4 for the post office fee

So if you get it from DVDSoon at £22 and get caught by Customs they will add on £4.62 then the Post Office Fees will be an extra £4.00 giving you a grand total of £30.62

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
no - ive never tried it - it just seemed like the obvious
thing to do

am trying this for myself

heres what you do

choose email and password, enter address, and then enter card details

a email will then be sent to me confirming that an account has been created within 24hrs

seems a VERY STRANGE way of doing things - are they gonna do a credit check ?:D

Let us know on here if the £3 amazon voucher works for anyone and they are an existing member.

Cheers :)

Well i just put in my GF name, and address and it worked. This was about 6 months ago though

Just to add, if Amazon catch you defrauding their new customer scheme, they will cancel all your accounts!

Another problem with importing a pre release could be the exchange rate at the time of delivery. Around the time of the US election, apparently the dollar will grow stronger, increasing the value of the set. Therefore increasing customs.

Well it's now the same price at Choices Direct, i think a price war is gonna go on soon

Began the Price War Has :laugh:

Play have now matched the Amazon price of £28.99

If you order from WHSmiths you can get it for £26.99 by using the local store website with 10% off (see the Alien Quadrilogy thread a few days ago). If you get it delivered to your local store its P&P free. But they have the RRP at £29.99 so I think its a price error.

I thought streets/mvc/woolies etc charged for delivery ??

Just went through the steps to order the boxset at Streets Online and it says "Standard £0.00" so I guess delivery is free.

Streetsonline have free delivery on orders over 19 pounds - but strangely woolworths and mvc do not

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom