Best possible 4K,55 inch tv I can buy with a budget between £600-£700. For mainly gaming.

MashMan

Novice Member
What’s the best possible tv I can buy with a budget between £600-£700? The TV will mainly be used for gaming on my Ps5. I can go abit over this budget if needed. I currently have a terrible LG tv that I got on sale from Amazon back in December 2020. LGUN71003LB for £350. The backlights have already started to fail on me with moderate usage! and the picture never looked quite right too no matter how much I fiddled with the settings.
I’m not looking to make another terrible tv purchase again,so I’ve upped my budget abit and I’m looking for the best possible tv I can get this time,and one that will last longer than two years!

As the title says it’s gonna be used for gaming. I don’t care if it’s not 120hz because i don’t really notice a difference between 60 and 120.
I can only go with a 55 inch and no bigger, because it might be abit of squeeze for the box room it’s going in.

Two options I’ve looked at so far. Hisense U8GQ (2021 model) and Hisense U7Q. Both 55. How are these sets? Im leaning more towards the U8GQ because on paper it look so far better than my current TV but reviews are poor for this tv from what ive read? How’s the older 2020 U7 model? It’s on sale atm for £500,down from £650.

Any other brands you guys recommend I take a look at? Cheers!

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Try to aim for a starter HDR TV in my guide here:

If they are too expensive there are Sony refurb X90J/X94J (same TVs) sold from their own website. See here:

The deals come and go fast though!

The Hisense U8G is in the guide but really is more of a last resort purchase. The U7Q was a 2020 model and is around the same spec as a starter HDR TV this year but without 120hz.

MashMan

Novice Member
Try to aim for a starter HDR TV in my guide here:

If they are too expensive there are Sony refurb X90J/X94J (same TVs) sold from their own website. See here:

The deals come and go fast though!

The Hisense U8G is in the guide but really is more of a last resort purchase. The U7Q was a 2020 model and is around the same spec as a starter HDR TV this year but without 120hz.
Thanks mate. I had look through your guide and the only starter tv I can really afford at the moment is the U8G. That website though is a good shout! I’ll definitely keep an eye on it. I thought theres a good possibility that they won’t deliver to where I’m from,but they do! Do the refurbished tvs come with warranty at all?

Thanks mate. I had look through your guide and the only starter tv I can really afford at the moment is the U8G. That website though is a good shout! I’ll definitely keep an eye on it. I thought theres a good possibility that they won’t deliver to where I’m from,but they do! Do the refurbished tvs come with warranty at all?
Yes, 12 months.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom