Best players for SDI Mod

roman-r

Ex Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for sound quality at around my current players standard which is a Denon 2900. I think it's similar in quality for movie sound as Arcams DV range.

Based on that, what others with excellent Mpeg decoder should I consider?

Top end Pioneers Sony's possibly

Would like to have SACD surround as well :D

Pioneers MPEG decoder has actually got worse, defnite no for them and Sony.

Arcam's range are good candidates if you use analogue and if you have HDMI 1.1 then you should probably consider the Oppo 981, this is an ideal candidate and offers DVD-A and SACD over HDMI. The Marantz DV9600 is another nice choice especially if you are an ILink user.

Well I am restricted to Analogue for SACD so guess the oppo doesn't fit the bill.

The old Arcams don't have SACD and can't afford a new DV135 nor sure it would be worth the outlay.

Does the Denon 2900 work well and anything else that anyone can throw into the fold with :D

you should probably consider the Oppo 981, this is an ideal candidate and offers DVD-A and SACD over HDMI.

how does that work ? i.e if i run this dics on an oppo into my samsung 40" LE87 via hdmi i will get filmsound and picture but how will DSD play ? or is it downsampled to 48khz 16bit at output ?

cheers

The Oppo is unusual in ouputting SACD via HDMI, but it also has analogue outputs for 5.1 material, so still worth considering.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom