1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best player for my Panny AE300?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Buck Swope, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need some help finding the best, mid priced, dvd player for my Panny AE300.

You see the problem is my current dvd player has tonight just died on me (2nd time in under 3 years). I was planning on researching till April (upgrade time/birthday) and then buying a new player, but now need one asap.

As of now all I know is DVI seams to be the way to go but that I may need to spend some real money to get something decent. The "New PC" option, while very tempting, isn't really a practical option for space, budget reasons, etc.

Common sense tells me I have a £400 limit. But after being very impressed at what seen from my 3 year old Toshiba (budget) player could do, my eyes are telling me I could maybe notch it up to £500. :p

Cheers guys.

Mods please feel free to move. Wasn't entirely sure weather here or the DVD Player forum was suitable (I thought maybe my problem would be more familiar to my fellow projector brethren)

2. Benrudd1

Benrudd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi,

I also have an ae300 and have looked into the dvi options. Unfortunately the projector is not hdcp compliant so the majority of the new dvi players, Denons etc will not work with it.

Your options are

1) cheap dvi player like Yamakawa 365/375 or momitsu v880 which do not have hdcp

2) home cinema pc

3) good progressive component player (I chose this option and bought a Denon 2200)

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

3. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Ben :smashin: , the Denon 2200 looks perfect.

I wasn't planning on upgrading my player just yet so i've not had time to have a thorough look around but like you say, DVI doesn't seem suitable. Thanks for the advice, I think i'll go for this one here

If anyone has any better ideas, advice or warnings, please let me know. I understand there are loads of other Panny ae300 owners round these parts. Is this player generally considered to be the best of the bunch? I will be ordering a new DVD player by the end of the day so any words of wisdom will be most appreciated.