1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Player for a 9986

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MarkNorton1, Feb 8, 2005.

1. MarkNorton1

MarkNorton1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Please excuse any stupid questions within this topic, im still quite new at this and still finding my feet, however, I will soon be the hopefully proud owner of a 32PF9986 and i will want to update my ageing dvd player to suit, I just need advice on units that work the best for what i need as follows:

1) Which is best, HDMI output to the DVI-i on the panel, or just stick with DVI to DVI?

2) It needs to have the 5.1 outputs due to my existing setup, optical as well would be nice for my future plans. DD and DTS Built in as well, dont have an external unit.

3) Multi region, as my collection is mainly region 1.

4) This maybe the silly one, but are HI-def dvd players available? or is that what is meant by upscaling to 1080i and all that?

5) Price, well maybe £200/£300 if that is possible for what i want, but less would be better of course!!

Many thanks in advance