1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best player Denon 1920 or OPPO OPDV971H

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paliranks, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Paliranks

Paliranks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I need some help.

I am looking to replace my aging Toshiba SD500 so that I can watch DIVX movies/TV Shows. I want a player to also have a HDMI/DVI output as I will be upgrading my 32" TV to a 42" plasma around the middle of next year.

I have been spending the last couple of weeks looking through the threads and narrowed my choice to either the Denon 1920 or the Oppo OPDV971H.

Which do you think is the best to purchase now? I current have component input on my TV so will be using that until I upgrade. I want a player to be able to display a decent picture on both inputs.

Thanks

2. swanny78

swanny78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Oppo is excellent but wont upscale over component.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Rules out the Oppo then, it's tuned for DVI. Don't think you even get prog scan over component...PJ

4. bonc

bonc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    U had to Ask,

It was only a matter of time, let the games begin..... LOL

p.s I know whats better value for money!! - but until the Denon gets a proper benchmark test, I dont think any of us will really know!

5. Paliranks

Paliranks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the component output picture like on the Oppo, is is it better than the Denon? Has any body made a comparison?

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I haven't tried the Oppo over component but I did try the Cambridge Audio DVD79 which is an Oppo in a different shell. The component pic was surprisingly poor, even my old Pio 525 connected by s-vid was significantly superior....PJ

7. Paliranks

Paliranks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It looks as if the choice has been made, I think I'll go for the Denon 1920.

Thanks Guys