1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best plasma options up to 37"?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pavel, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Pavel

Pavel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    A friend of mine is feeling flush, and looking to buy a flat screen; I suspect that this will probably be a plasma. All the research that I've done for myself is on 42" or larger units, so I'd be interested in hearing your views on the best options to go for up to this size. A 42" simply will not fit, so no there's no point in suggesting that he buys something bigger, I've already tried.

He's got a budget of up to £3k. Viewing distance is somewhat on the close side, from about 6ft away.

A standard 32" CRT TV isn't an option, as his room is quite narrow and he's not keen to watch it with his nose pressed to the screen...:D

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Paul

2. Bernard Barnett

Bernard Barnett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I believe the choice is only between Hitachi and Sony, both of which do 32-inch versions (note that a 32-inch plasma screen is several inches bigger than a 32-inch CRT - no idea why), or a Sharp 37-inch LCD. However, both Hitachi and Sony have ALiS screens which arouse strong controversy on these forums. I have a Sony and it seems absolutely fine to me. LCD also arouses controversy. The Sony is not suitable for wall-hanging as it's quite deep (though you can do it if you really want to).

3. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic 37PA20 is good.