• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best plasma for using with a scaler

Rich

I'm after a new 50" plasma to replace my old Panasonic PW4.
I'll be sitting 11' away from the screen, so a full HD screen seems a bit of a waste of money.
I've got a Iscan HD scaler, which I might upgrade soon.

The question is, which will be the better upgrade, a Pioneer 508, with the great picture processing engine and extra stuff like a TV tuner (both of which I don't need.....I think) or a Panasonic TH-50PH10 which has minimal processing and electronics inside.

Maybe the Pioneer has better picture processing than the Iscan (I doubt it, but I don't know)

N42

Well I'm thinking of going the PF10 route then adding a decent scaler later.

Rich

Well I'm thinking of going the PF10 route then adding a decent scaler later.

Why not try one of those cheap Iscan HD's up for sale on the classifieds, well worth the money even if you've not got a HD TV, it's great for improving SD TV, it's a video switchbox and it's got a audio delay feature as well.
At about £150, it's a steal at that price, it's not that much more than a decent A/V cable.

N42

Yes thanks, am on the look out for one, but specifically looking for a HD+.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom