1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best plasma for use with pc?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shipitinshag, Oct 13, 2004.

1. shipitinshag

shipitinshag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anybody recommend a particular plasma for use with a pc... I love the Pioneer 435 (very expsensive, but gorgeous) and also the Panny Viera, good value, but the low resolution re using it with the pc turns me off?? I will also be using it for general tv and film viewing.... so quite like the idea of intigrated freeview although this is not essential as I could just drop a freeview card in my pc.....

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am using Fujitsu 5003 for the last 12 months exclusively via PC via VGA connection. My Radeon card sync with the plasma exactly and the picture is gorgeous. I am particularly pleased with the DigiTV picture. DVDs, HD material and any other odd piece of media plays very well (much more flexibility compared to plasma TV and DVD player combination).

The displayed imaged is sufficiently large for the Internet browsing from 3m distance.

In general most 50" commercial plasma models with 'square pixels' should work very well. Avoid domestic versions as due to enforcement of copyright restrictions they occasionally don’t work in all configurations.

3. shipitinshag

shipitinshag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow... that looks like quite a nice screen..... is there a 42" model, and what digi tv card do u have in your pc presuming that your digi tv is supplied via your pc?