Best plasma for 6-700?

sparklesmcgraw

Hi guys,

My friend has just bought a new flat and he is looking for a new plasma TV.

His price range is 700 pounds max, what is the best plasma aorund for this price right now?

Just after the guru's on the board opinions!

Thanks

Sparkles

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
I would be looking at the Panasonic 42PX80 or 42PZ80 depending on viewing distances and what sources would be connected to the new TV.

sparklesmcgraw

What are the differences?

Is one 720p and one 1080p?

Probably just gonna be Sky HD and the PS3

funkyspider

Agreed. Or wait until the new panasonic panels are released in March/April time and see if they are worth it, or whether you you pick up a PX/PZ 80 a little cheaper (if there are any left in stock by then).

This isnt a bad site for reviews. Clicking the 'Popular HDTV' dropdown lists panasonic, panasonic, panasonic - so it's not just here that they are so popular.

HDTV Reviews – LCD TV & Plasma Television Display Rating

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
What are the differences?

Is one 720p and one 1080p?

Probably just gonna be Sky HD and the PS3

Yeh, the PX80 is HDReady and the PZ80 is 1080p.

Costco are selling the 46PZ80 for £770 starting this morning.It really is a bargain if your mate can up his budget a bit.

sparklesmcgraw

Thanks.

I'll pass it on. 770 does sound like a good deal to me too.

rewerb

42PZ80 can be had for £699 from John Lewis, just ask for pricematch with JL Glasgow. Free 5yr warranty.

Denarius

Yes and that's with JL 5 yr guarantee and free delivery. Pretty hard to match. i bought mine this morning!:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom