Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best Plasma for £2k - £2.5K?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by gazman968, Oct 21, 2005.

1. gazman968

gazman968
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this has been asked a million times before but can someone guide me on the best plasma for 2-2.5K, have been looking at the Hitachi 42PD7200 as a possibility, have liked what I have seen, the sales guy in the shop I visited suggested a pioneer PDP-436XDE as the next level up, again a nice looking set with a brilliant picture IMHO. Ony criteria is that it must be HD ready, apart from that open to suggestions/comments.

cheers

2. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll find a lot of fans of both those options on these forums. Probably more so for the 436. Any reason why the Panasonic PHD8 is excluded from your list? If you're heading towards a panel, you'll find a lot of people on the forum who will say you can't go wrong with an 8th gen Panasonic screen. I have the pv500 which I believe uses the same panel and have been blown away by the quality.

3. wingnut1

wingnut1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have purchased the pioneer PDP436xde and i personally think it's the best, but it all comes down to personal opinion. Your best bet is to do plenty of research and chose whichever screen suits you, connections aside.

4. golden phoenix

golden phoenix
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,393
    Gazman, I havent made my final decisions yet over which plasma to go for, but since were both spending the same amount of cash with the same decision to make. My main advice from the forum is to gather information, weigh up the pros and cons of your shortlisted screens and if possible, demo equipment!

In case you were wondering, i ve shortlisted pio 436, pv500, but really fancy the panny phd8. (I have auditioned 2 screens already !.)