Best plasma connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by geepers, May 22, 2004.

1. geepers

geepers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to make my first plasma purchase, probably the Hitachi 42PD5200 as it comes with the built in tuner, speakers and stand as well as the added bonus of the free portable dvd player.

My query concerns how best to connect the following none of which have component or DVI outputs:

Pioneer DVR5100 DVD recorder
    Sky digibox
    PS2
    PC

The Hitachi only has one RGB scart and so I will obviously need to use the component or DVI inputs. Presumably a RGB2Component converter will be required for the component inputs but is there some way of using the DVI inputs?

Also, is there any benefit in routing the display connections through my Denon 3802 receiver?

Any advice you can give would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm assuming that your DVD recorder can take RGB in and produces RGB out. Some only take S-Video in, for which you'll need a converter for Sky. If it does support RGB, then connect the TV output from Sky via the DVD recorder. For the PS2, again find a RGB lead. Both the PS2 and DVD recorder can then be connected to your screen.

PC should go directly to the VGA connector on the screen.

To route via the Denon you'd have to move to using component video. Possible, but in your system no advantage.

If you do opt for a different screen than the Hitachi, we can perhaps offer further advice.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. Noonzio

Noonzio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys, quick question - I have a Panasonic TH42PWD6BX Plasma Panel fitted with a TY-42TM6Y input board.

I want to connect my Sky Digibox to the plasma but having just spent 4000 euro on this piece of kit (including a Panasonic SCHT500 DVD system) I cannot spent 200 euro on a JS Convertor box at the present time.

Can I use a Scart to RGBS (4 input) cable to connect my Sky Digibox (outputting an RGB signal from the scart) to the RGBHV side of my input board?

Any assistance greatly appreciated as I think I'm going mad.