• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Plasma £600-£750

Usama

Distinguished Member
My mate wants to get a new TV he is intrested in the Sony 37W5500 but I told him plasma will be better. He will be using it for Blu-Ray and SD TV. What are the best plasmas for £600-£750?

Thanks

duncfunk

Prominent Member
Well the 2 main contenders will be the 42X10 Panasonic and the LG 42PQ6000. Both are £600 at RS but you can get them down a bit on the LG. Not much to choose between them really so he should go check them out :)

Usama

Distinguished Member
Well the 2 main contenders will be the 42X10 Panasonic and the LG 42PQ6000. Both are £600 at RS but you can get them down a bit on the LG. Not much to choose between them really so he should go check them out :)

I havent looked into the TV's this year so I dont know anything about them.

Will the 42X10 be better then the Sony 37W5500?

Monarch

Distinguished Member

Yes (in my opinion), the Panasonic is more resistant to image retention, if that's a concern, but I personally prefer the LGs picture, although there's very little in it, and it has full picture controls which is handy. The 37" option if the P37X10, there isn't anything else around I'm afraid

tvbox

Distinguished Member

Yes IMO. A few Sonys this year suffered from backlight bleed. Also you get a bigger screen for the same price.

How does the 42X10 compare with the Sony S5500? For £100 more? It certainly looks nicer and is Full HD, but was wondering if it could handle SD properly:rolleyes:

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Well the S5500 is 2 models below the W5500 so...that should answer your question. And it uses the BE2 engine which is good for gaming (low input lag) but not as good as the BE3 engine on SD which is in the W5500 and V5500. And you don't need 1080p at this size for the most part

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom