Best plasma < £2000 pio?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Dakota, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Dakota

Dakota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hey, so this question has probably been asked before but im after a pretty up to date response. what is the best plasma with regards to picture quality mainly in 42" below £2000. Im thinkin i shoudl wait and go for the pioneer pdp-427xd?? are their any other alternatives that i should be considering. are their any reviews for the new pio yet?

advise appreciated, thanks :thumbsup:

2. Dakota

Dakota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anyone? sry to double post but i really doubt myslef what plasma to buy when im talkin about £2000 lol. ive read alot about the fujitsu 58 series, is the picture quality vastly superior to the 427xd or the 436xde?

3. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah it is. It uses the same glass as the excellent Panasonic screens but with better signal processing.

It's not under 2K though, not even close iirc.

4. Dakota

Dakota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In that case, any advice on what plasma to get under 2k? im still leaning towards the 427xd but im open to pannys??

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you should consider a panasonic panel, do you really need a tuner in the screen? (if you have sky/cable or freeview not really) do you only want stereo telly sound? if not the a seperate Audio system is far better, teh new Panny PH9 due in a couple of weeks is 1500 ish leaving plenty to add extras you may need (a dual tuner PVR for example) What kit do you currently have/plan to buy and who will use the system

6. Dakota

Dakota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi, i have an amp and seperate speaker system and plan to use the plasma with sky HD, a hdmi dvd player once i get round to purchasing one and occassionly ps2/ps3, but not too often because i do not fancy a HUD being burnt into the screen.
    about the ph9.. does it come with any inputs or do i need to purchase seperate terminal boards? Also can i demo a ph9 in stores like sevenoaks because it is a "professional" model? Ive read SD is poor on ph9 which is a problem? can anyone verify this?
    One more thing when can we expect sum 7th gen pioneer reviews? :)

7. audiophile911

audiophile911
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Where have you heard that SD is poor on the PH9?

These panels are not yet released in the UK so I wonder who has seen them? If you're referring to the threads on the US forums, generally the feedback has been very good. In fact, I have read comments about SD looking quite good. Also, it should look as good (if not better) than the 600 series.

Good Luck with your choice.

-AL

8. Dakota

Dakota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How is the 600 series? am i right in saying it is the new model after the px60 models? Any faults with picture quality? Compared to 436xde? as i imagine 427 to be slightly better than the 436 although nobody can really say until it is released. Is it due for an early or late septemeber release date?

Thanks again

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    OK no one in the UK has seen a PH9 yet........(loads of places to demo when they arrive but sevenoaks and other franchised chain stores arent them) PH9 comes with some inputs and some optional boards you should realy only need 1 board in addition to supplied inputs
    PX600 and PX60 use same glass as PH9, PX60 is normal plasma TV and 600 is premium they are same generation but dfferent features

10. Deadsquirrel

Deadsquirrel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As i have only just forund out myself The Panny PX600 has a black finish, Picture In Picture and an SD card input slot and thats all thats different between the two models. If you don't want to use these features and are not bothered about the cosmetic difference get the PX60

11. xxxx

xxxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    That and vastly superior sound.