Best place to sell a phone

Dan Walton

Good morning all.

As per the title really, what’s the best way to sell a used phone? I’m thinking I’d like to sell to a high street vendor after recent experiences…
I’ve previously sold stuff on eBay, but when it came to sell my old handset this time I thought I’d sell it to a re-seller to cut out the hassle and fees. I was duped by Mazuma and their “the price we offer is the price we pay” tagline, only for them to offer me less once they had the phone! Me being the idiot that I am thought it would be best to send them the phone with its box and accessories despite them saying they weren’t essential, but after failing to agree on a price they’ve only returned my phone.
So feeling slightly wounded by this I resorted to eBay. Sold the phone before Christmas to what I believe was a genuine buyer who then had issues paying (they kept in touch and were very apologetic so I do believe they were genuine). After waiting a while I relisted it and have sold it to time wasters from South Africa, Italy and (possibly) the US.
So now I have it listed on here, but I think the lack of box and accessories coupled with no selling history aren’t helping.
I’m loathed to put an ad on FB as I’ve found when selling lower value things on there it’s either friends which makes accepting money awkward, or people making stupid offers, asking you to hold on until payday and then requesting you deliver to them!
So, where can I go on the high street that people would recommend to sell it? I would go to Apple, but after an influx of new goodies at Christmas we don’t have anything we need from there at the moment!
Who would have thought it could be so hard to sell a flipping iPhone…

MaryWhitehouse

Currently I buy or sell with a company called 4Gadgets. I've found buying their condition is always better than expected and selling their condition grading is very simple and payment reliably same day received.

ABARKIE

Why not use the classified section on here?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom