Best place to pre-order an Xbox Series X?

Does anyone know how Pre-orders on the Microsoft.com site work with credit?

I pre-ordered the Series X and used all my credit and my card to pay the remaining amount but today I bought something and it used some of my credit. If I top up my account with more credit than what was taken now will it take the entirety of my credit on console release?

If you have Pre-Ordered with Part Credit and a Backup Payment then it will take it from credit first and then use your Backup Payment. So if you had no Credit come payment time/Dispatch then it would just use Backup Payment. If you had all credit then it would use that or just split it between the 2.
I used Credit and Payment Back Up and have been topping up the credit ready for release.

microsof cs told me they will start taking payments btw 2 to 3 weeks before despatch, so make sure the money is there before then

Got one through that queue. Was number 450 and got to the page after about 3 minutes. Result!

Got one through that queue. Was number 450 and got to the page after about 3 minutes. Result!

Nice. Unfortunately I got caught at work so was a couple of minutes late getting onto the site. That means I'm 1814 in the queue with over an hour's wait. I won't hold my breath on being able to get one then!

it initially said I'd have over an hours wait but it dropped drastically to a couple of minutes. So stay in there.

And done. Just got through and managed to pre-order a Series X.

If you have Pre-Ordered with Part Credit and a Backup Payment then it will take it from credit first and then use your Backup Payment. So if you had no Credit come payment time/Dispatch then it would just use Backup Payment. If you had all credit then it would use that or just split it between the 2.
I used Credit and Payment Back Up and have been topping up the credit ready for release.

Thanks. Think I'll add even more credit. Time to get some discounted top up cards.

microsof cs told me they will start taking payments btw 2 to 3 weeks before despatch, so make sure the money is there before then

It's upto 10 Days I believe.

Guess I need to have my account ready by the 1st.

I do love how places like curry's get you to sign up for notifications when they have more stock and then just don't bother letting you know!

I do love how places like curry's get you to sign up for notifications when they have more stock and then just don't bother letting you know!
My brother signed up for the stock notification for the series x and they emailed him twice this week telling him it wasn't coming back into stock.

Luckily he managed to get one shortly after 12 today.

Microsoft store are still taking orders if you don't mind waiting a few extra days. I've just ordered another from Poland, normal warranty and i'll just need to swap the power lead.

Next wave coming soon for Xbox Series X

At SimplyGames

1E9F6AF9-86AD-4754-9772-B9B7480D4D8B.jpeg

Thanks so much for this have registered interest!

Are they a good retailer for customer service if anything goes wrong? I have never heard of them

Ive bought games from them for years and found them to be pretty good for prices and service. Far better than the likes of ShopTo.

It's really useful to know Simply Games have got another wave of consoles incoming (they've said the same for the PS5), but to inject a note of caution here.

As @Chalky has repeatedly (and correctly!) said, the "register your interest" emails are just a way to get you to sign up to marketing emails.

This isn't aimed at Simply Games - all the retailers are doing it. But I wouldn't be surprised if the next wave of consoles has completely sold out before you even get a notification email.

It's been happening across the board, PS5 and Series X alike.

So stay frosty, soldiers.

Any more info on whether more pre orders will be appearing before launch - for the Series X?

I have signed up to be notified by Simply Games when the next wave pre orders come through - thanks for the heads up 👍

Anyone pre-order there Xbox or ps5 instore at Smyths toys ? If so have you received a txt since making the order ? I went in the morning Xbox went up. Think I was second in and paid my £25 deposit. Since then I have heard nothing. Hope I am getting one on release day.

Anyone looking to move on a xbox x, if you’ve got an extra PM as I know it’s going to be mad on day one, maybe I can get in early.

Anyone looking to move on a xbox x, if you’ve got an extra PM as I know it’s going to be mad on day one, maybe I can get in early.
Yes - am in same position so please PM me too if anyone has a spare pre-order for a Series X (or PS5 for that matter!)

Why didn’t you pre-order Mav?

Why didn’t you pre-order Mav?
I had PS4 before and with the disc drive thought it would suit my needs, however Gamepass and the seemingly lack of DV support on PS5 I now wish I had. Gamepass seems great value with the games they have as well.

I had PS4 before and with the disc drive thought it would suit my needs, however Gamepass and the seemingly lack of DV support on PS5 I now wish I had. Gamepass seems great value with the games they have as well.
it is, even more so if you take advantage of the £1 offer thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom