Best place to pre-order an Xbox Series X?

Thinking tomorrow is going to be tough to get a pre order. Bots will be rife and suddenly I think many many more people will be wanting a serIes X/S.

Yeah Shopto have done a sneaky there. They’ll definitely be the backup option now.
Hah well I'm a right idiot with regards to Shopto. The PS5 has the same preorder mechanism, and it tells you clear as day don't pay for it.....and like an idiot I've paid for it 🙄 even though it's not guaranteed for release day 🙄

Thinking tomorrow is going to be tough to get a pre order. Bots will be rife and suddenly I think many many more people will be wanting a serIes X/S.

Thing is it’s not really that gutting if we miss out. There’s not huge launch titles out , nothing that can’t wait a couple of months until there’s more. It’s a case of we want rather than need

Just a warning for those hoping to pre-order today to try and avoid the official Microsoft website if possible as it was an absolute mess for me earlier this morning. Pre-orders opened here at 6am this morning (11pm yesterday UK time) and I had two websites ready to go; one was the official Microsoft site and another was a well know local tech chain store.

The Microsoft site had the pre-order become available slightly before the chain store so I ploughed ahead with that one only to encounter error after error when trying to confirm everything on the final page; shipping address, billing address, card details etc. This was particularly annoying as I use Microsoft regularly so all of my details were already there. Once I finally got to the confirm purchase point the whole thing crashed, the XBox Series X dissapeared from my cart and it was now sold out.

I then went back to the other retailer, Hachi Tech on behalf of the Challenger Stores, who had now got their act together and had them available to pre-order and managed to purchase with no problems within about a minute.

Please tell me Argos haven't gone early with this?! It's on are site and showing out of stock for delivery. Unless they've put it on there ready and are only going to add stock at 8am, bloody hope so
Screenshot_20200922_051926_com.homeretailgroup.argos.android.jpg

Screenshot_20200922_051934_com.homeretailgroup.argos.android.jpg

Just in preparation :)

When you add the Console it states 'Limit Reached' so 1 per customer

Just in preparation :)

When you add the Console it states 'Limit Reached' so 1 per customer

Yeah gathered that now, phew. Didn't realise it was so early, woke up and thought I'd check nowhere had jumped the gun. Can't sleep now I'm like a kid at Xmas 🤣

Just to say good luck to you all who genuinely want one at 8am.
Me going to try my luck as a 45 year old gamer it feels Like Xmas. Lol. Sad I know

52 and still get mega excited at console launches, it will be a sad day when I don't...

48 here. Don’t remember this stress with the Speccy 😂

Good luck for 8am

Just to say good luck to you all who genuinely want one at 8am.
Me going to try my luck as a 45 year old gamer it feels Like Xmas. Lol. Sad I know

I'm 44 and heading off in a bit to try and secure one for me and my son. Nothing sad about it, many of us on here are a generation that grew up with video games from it's early days and through many key development milestones over the years and it's always been part of our lives.... We can really appreciate gaming far more than the kids these days who've only ever known great graphics, online MP etc. Enjoy the moment.

I feel young now...I've only just turned 40 :laugh:

48 here. Don’t remember this stress with the Speccy 😂

Good luck for 8am
Don’t know, but I remember when you had to wait 10 min to load the game from tape and to get to the end for it to bomb out and start again And sometimes twice of no joy you had to get the good old tape head cleaner out, oh god them where the days. . Lol. I remember

Don’t know, but I remember when you had to wait 10 min to load the game from tape and to get to the end for it to bomb out and start again. . Lol. I remember them days.

Im 49 and yeah positioning the tape cassette in a upright tilted position and pressing the buttons very softly to try avoid crashing with my speccy lol..:):)

I'm 48 seems we have a group of the first gaming generation here. I remember swoping the cable on the tape player from one socket to the other if a game didnt load, think they where both the same but it was a ritual like blowing on the cartridge.

43 here... Getting one for myself and son to start gaming he's 8 and i've tried to keep him away from gaming to early so this will be his first proper console. Good luck hunting all.

I have about £50 of MS reward points. Do you convert them to gift cards or does it get taken off at checkout if buying from Microsoft?

You'll need to convert them to credit before purchase.

Posh spectrum owners banging on about tapes.

We were so poor I had to type games in and they either never worked or were rubbish! ;0)

10 print "hello!"
20 goto 10
run

Do amazon not have the Series x listed yet? I presume this is the case, just wanted to make sure.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom