Best place to pre-order an Xbox Series X?

Historically i've always preferred buying consoles in store, either Gamestation or Game over the years as i can always walk in if there's an issue. With the business looking more vulnerable over the last few years i'd been more reluctant in case they went under and got my slim and PSVR from Currys.

The fact GAME have an online arm too i think they would always remain even if the stores shut down, and i'm tempted to use them for my Series X, however there's another dilemma putting doubt in my mind..... They are one of only 2 stores with the all access programme, hence i think demand for them and Smyths will be far greater than anywhere else, so now thinking it might be worth using Currys again as for my PS4, or even maybe Argos who may have decent stock that goes under the radar to many. But all that said, you would imagine GAME will likely have more stock than anyone being on the all access list and the only dedicated games store.

Also my son needs to get one too and i'm debating buying an S for my daughter for Xmas as she uses my OG Xbox since i got my One X, so likely need to use different stores for more than one.

I'll decide by Tuesday....

Historically i've always preferred buying consoles in store, either Gamestation or Game over the years as i can always walk in if there's an issue. With the business looking more vulnerable over the last few years i'd been more reluctant in case they went under and got my slim and PSVR from Currys.

The fact GAME have an online arm too i think they would always remain even if the stores shut down, and i'm tempted to use them for my Series X, however there's another dilemma putting doubt in my mind..... They are one of only 2 stores with the all access programme, hence i think demand for them and Smyths will be far greater than anywhere else, so now thinking it might be worth using Currys again as for my PS4, or even maybe Argos who may have decent stock that goes under the radar to many. But all that said, you would imagine GAME will likely have more stock than anyone being on the all access list and the only dedicated games store.

Also my son needs to get one too and i'm debating buying an S for my daughter for Xmas as she uses my OG Xbox since i got my One X, so likely need to use different stores for more than one.

I'll decide by Tuesday....

John Lewis perhaps?

I’m stuck with who to order with? Think I’ll be using my iPhone preorder day setup 🤣

John Lewis perhaps?

None near me and rather walk in a shop to get one first thing on launch day personally. Also not overly confirdent stores ike that would be that on top of pre-orders compared to stores with more of a gaming focus.

Good old Amazon I guess

– UK (8AM BST): Microsoft Store, GAME, Amazon, Dixons, Currys PC World, Argos, John Lewis, Smyths Toys, and other participating retailers

Dixons?, is that place alive!

Don’t think I will be preordering but when I do order I think I will order from curry’s as I can get 6.5% off gift cards so that’s £30 off.

Maybe consider creating an account at Very and ordering it on account, you will get 10% off your first order. I did this specifically for the PS5 and was lucky enough to get it when they had stock, I guess the only issue is if its not delivered at launch but £45 off is still £45 off.

Obviously you will need to pay it off as soon as you receive your statement to not incur any interest.

As per Chalkys post above (below) pre-orders up from 0800. I will get another account created and do the same at Very from 0800

– UK (8AM BST): Microsoft Store, GAME, Amazon, Dixons, Currys PC World, Argos, John Lewis, Smyths Toys, VERY, AO, Tesco, Simply Game, Shopto and other participating retailers

It states that John Lewis will be selling the console but nothing on their site yet indicates this. I cannot even find anything about the PS5 consoles or games.

It states that John Lewis will be selling the console but nothing on their site yet indicates this. I cannot even find anything about the PS5 consoles or games.

I don't think there is any info on most retailers site as yet.
Nothing on Amazon

No but you can have them email you once it is available
Screenshot_20200918-171252_Chrome.jpg

I’ve been offered £230 for my Xbox One X but they want it this weekend.I need to sell it to upgrade to a Series X.Will saving to the cloud save eveything as I’m sure I did that last time as I don’t have an external hard drive.Is that a good price.I do still play Forza 7 online so will miss that but I’ve got a PS4 Pro with God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn still to play which should keep me busy until November 10th.
I hope I can get a pre order aswell so shall I let me One X go at this price.

I'll warn people now, do not rely on a company to email you if you have registered your interest. We are savvy people on here and 9 times out of 10 you will know its for sale on their site well before the bother to email you. Companies mainly use that trick to get you onto their mailing list.

Let the PS5 pre-order debacle be a warning to you all.

You all know they go on sale at 8am on Tuesday, be prepared.

I'll warn people now, do not rely on a company to email you if you have registered your interest. We are savvy people on here and 9 times out of 10 you will know its for sale on their site well before the bother to email you. Companies mainly use that trick to get you onto their mailing list.

Let the PS5 pre-order debacle be a warning to you all.

You all know they go on sale at 8am on Tuesday, be prepared.

Use stockinformer. I’ve registered with all the retailers selling and made sure my details are all up to date, cards entered where possible. Xbox see talking about penalising retailers who break embargo...so hopefully it will start not before 8. But I will be checking all sites before then.

What I need to decide is where to actually get it from if there is a choice. Usually go Amazon...might stick with them...or Argos who did my switch when everyone else was sold out.

Use stockinformer. I’ve registered with all the retailers selling and made sure my details are all up to date, cards entered where possible. Xbox see talking about penalising retailers who break embargo...so hopefully it will start not before 8. But I will be checking all sites before then.

What I need to decide is where to actually get it from if there is a choice. Usually go Amazon...might stick with them...or Argos who did my switch when everyone else was sold out.
Going to go with Amazon myself. Got my PS5 Digital Ordered there already.

Going to go with Amazon myself. Got my PS5 Digital Ordered there already.

Yeah. There is talk that amazon are emailing everyone with pre orders saying that due to demand they can’t guarantee release day delivery. But I seem to recall they did that with my pre orders before, so perhaps just a standard thing...

Yeah. There is talk that amazon are emailing everyone with pre orders saying that due to demand they can’t guarantee release day delivery. But I seem to recall they did that with my pre orders before, so perhaps just a standard thing...
I'll keep my eye out for it but not received anything yet. I was in the very first batch of Digital Console sales so hopefully I get it on release.

...You all know they go on sale at 8am on Tuesday, be prepared.

I've booked Monday off, so will be ready for an early start on Tuesday. I'm a night owl and usually don't get into bed until around 04:00

If you stay awake, will Tuesday come around any quicker? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Just traded my original Xbox one fat 500gb at cex and got £82 for it as it was mint and boxed and a unused controller which i forgot that was in the box lol. not too bad since it was the first version.

ps5 disc version pre ordered, Xbox series x is next on the hit list then i will trade my Xbox one x

I've already registered my interest in the Xbox Series X from Shopto on the day I will confirm my pre order with them, but just incase as a fail safe I will look at pre ordering another from Game on Tuesday at 8AM sharp :)

Just traded my original Xbox one fat 500gb at cex and got £82 for it as it was mint and boxed and a unused controller which i forgot that was in the box lol. not too bad since it was the first version.

ps5 disc version pre ordered, Xbox series x is next on the hit list then i will trade my Xbox one x
I'm planning on doing exactly the same will sell my Xbox One X and PS4 and see what I can get for both systems nearer to launch day.

Been years since I had an xbox 360 and since just had PC & PlayStations.

I'm interested to try one with the new Series X and have a couple questions:

1. My XBOX account still seems to be alive so will any digital games I bought still be there after all these years to download & play on the Series X?

2. What is the monthly pass I would need to let me play all the back catalogue and possibly even new PS5 games?

3. Is it meant to have similar power to a 2080 PC system ?

Got my PS5 pre-ordered already so likely try & get one of these on Tuesday.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom