Best place to pre-order an Xbox Series X?

Hey all,
Has anyone got any experience from ordering direct from MS in the past?
I can see the website says delivery within 1-3 business days after shipping. Has anyone ordered a console from them at launch before and was it delivered on release day?
Cheers for the help.

MS Store is terrible, awful. You're best getting from Rumbelows. ;)
(no, I don't have MS credit, honest)

They usually dispatch before launch day via UPS, so it should be with you 10th.

Dont forget if order from microsoft get cashback with quidco

Not sure to be honest i bought the scorpio xbox when came out and got think bout 30 pounds back thru quidco

You're best getting from Rumbelows. ;)

I'm pretty sure it was Rumbelows that I was 'stuck' in once back in the day. They had an Atari Jaguar on as a demo machine and the high street had some parade going on so either side of the road was barriered off meaning the crowds outside stopped anyone getting in or out. Needless to say I wasn't fussed :D

Boxing day - 1983 - comet, weston super mare - zx spectrum, stuck in there all morning cos the tape player didnt work ! I was 11 and still remember it now ! tests you kids presents if you can.

Top Cashback gives slightly more last time I checked. 3.3% vs 3% at Quidco. I find TCB more reliable too.

I'm so ready to place a preorder for the series X. I am still running a launch Xbox one so it should make a big difference.

Do you guys think the demand for pre-order's will outstrip supply? I guess what I'm saying is, do you think it would be a good idea to ready at 8 am on the 22nd to get a pre-order in? TBH I was intending on doing this anyway.

Bit of a crystal ball question I know but interested to hear people's thoughts.

I pre-ordered my Xbox One from MS store as i thought i'll have no problems with short stock etc. It arrived on time but it was faulty - luck of the draw i guess and not related to who i purchased from.

But...their customer service in trying to get a return was awful and i will never touch them again. It was a call center abroad and it took ages on the phone being passed around before they accepted it was faulty, they first sent me a replacement Kinect sensor instead of console like they'd promised. Back on the phone and arranged a replacement console, finally arrived about 10 days after launch. They then debited my Credit Card again (think it was £429) even though they'd taken the faulty console back. Had to get proof of return from UPS before finally being sorted.

Amazon for me this time round!

I'm so ready to place a preorder for the series X. I am still running a launch Xbox one so it should make a big difference.

Do you guys think the demand for pre-order's will outstrip supply? I guess what I'm saying is, do you think it would be a good idea to ready at 8 am on the 22nd to get a pre-order in? TBH I was intending on doing this anyway.

Bit of a crystal ball question I know but interested to hear people's thoughts.

Worth being ready for 8am, hopefully they don't get released earlier like PS5.
I would of thought it would be easy to get one with so many retailers but who knows. PS5 looks like it will sell out or has sold out so people might want to bag a Series X.

So pre order with Game for instance. Are we going to have to do that instore? Especially if I want to trade in a console down the line against it. And if so how much deposit are we talking?

Says on Quidco it's 7% for MS Store.
It's a bit cryptic the way they do it. It says that but scroll down and it's a different rate for different products. Consoles are only 1.6% now strangely.

Screenshot_20200917-115844.png

TCB still 3.3%

Screenshot_20200917-120135.png

They change all the time though so it's worth keeping an eye on but TCB has been highest for the last few weeks.

Edit. Also worth noting depending on the level of account you sign up for (both have premium tiers) you'll get lower rates on the lower tier but on the higher tier they take £5 a year from your earnings. So at 3.3% as a new premium member you'd get more like £10 back than the £15 you would if you're already a member.

It's good for games too though, cashback on physical purchases though some game retaillers :smashin:

You can usually get bigger chunks of cashback on things like car and house insurance too but that's a bit off topic.

Last edited:
I’ll order it from Microsoft a day or two after preorders open, I just recently tried ordering Mario from Shopto and the site was just flooded nothing was working kept adding five copies of the game to my cart what a mess. Tried again the next day when everyone had cleared out and it worked first attempt.

I don’t know if it will arrive launch or not, I’ll probably be out and miss the parcel anyway, unless they use dpd with proper tracking. I’d never race around town looking for the machine if it doesn’t arrive on the tenth, I’ve not got the energy for those kind of shenanigans these days.

Were you the one last time?
Back in 2013 that drove round trying to track down the delivery driver?
And eventually found him?

Also, Christ! It's been 7 years already?

I have just placed my order as a backup with ShopTo with 0.01p, best bargain I have ever had ;)

So presumably all I do now is wait for the Email when Pre-Orders go Live, then I confirm yes or no to order

If that's the case, everyone should be ordering if they want one / back up...you can always refuse the order

* To register your interest please take into account the following points:
  1. Clicking "Register now" is not purchasing this console, this is just to register your interest and put a place holder.
  2. We will inform you as soon as a price has been confirmed, allowing you to make the decision whether you would like to keep or cancel.
  3. You will need to register a card however, we are not collecting any payment during this stage.

Last edited:
I have just placed my order as a backup with ShopTo with 0.01p, best bargain I have ever had ;)

So presumably all I do now is wait for the Email when Pre-Orders go Live, then I confirm yes or no to order

If that's the case, everyone should be ordering if they want one / back up...you can always refuse the order

* To register your interest please take into account the following points:
  1. Clicking "Register now" is not purchasing this console, this is just to register your interest and put a place holder.
  2. We will inform you as soon as a price has been confirmed, allowing you to make the decision whether you would like to keep or cancel.
  3. You will need to register a card however, we are not collecting any payment during this stage.
I did the 1p pre order/register your interest for the PS5. As of now I have still yet to receive any email notification that PS5 pre orders are live. Bit late as they’re all sold out. I can’t even sign into their website. Not sure I’ll be trusting Shopto with my Series X pre order.

Not good mate, it clearly states:

1. We will inform you as soon as a price has been confirmed, allowing you to make the decision whether you would like to keep or cancel.
I presume you have contacted them and not heard back yet?

Not good mate, it clearly states:

1. We will inform you as soon as a price has been confirmed, allowing you to make the decision whether you would like to keep or cancel.
I presume you have contacted them and not heard back yet?
Ive not bothered as I have decided to go with the Series X first, and get the PS5 later next year. Mind you I feel Sony is partly to blame for just springing the pre-orders on people, and the Shopto website being overwhelmed. At least we know the exact date and time the pre orders go live for SX, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll be ready at 7.59 to confirm that order :smashin:.

At least we know the exact date and time the pre orders go live for SX, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll be ready at 7.59 to confirm that order :smashin:.

My other half has been instructed to place an order as I am currently Offshore, if I place the order the dreaded security authentication might happen, which means I would get a text message..... that obviously ain't happening on an Oil Rig! So she is going to place it, but will also try (back up) and see if I get one through :)

what would happen If I pre-order through game for store collection and then we go back into full lockdown ? would they then deliver the console instead ?

what would happen If I pre-order through game for store collection and then we go back into full lockdown ? would they then deliver the console instead ?

I asked in store today after pre ordering the PS5. They didnt have a clue, online is probably the best bet considering the uncertainty.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom