Best place to pre-order an Xbox Series X?

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
Are you calling him a scalper. He may sell at RRP, when AN Other who picks up his cancelled order may well be.
If people want to do that then great (sell on at RRP, not scalp the cancelled order), but if it were me why go through the hassle of getting an extra console delivered, then arranging selling it, posting it, worrying whether it gets lost in the post. I’d cancel and let the retailer sell it on and hope that it goes to a good home.

Dazimus

Distinguished Member
Insulting towards others (mild)
Out of interest have you ever used the Shop To support? If not what puts you in a position to judge its support?

Yes, funnily enough I’ve had issues with their support in the last couple of weeks where they messed up an order, didn’t reply to support messages left, ignored tweets and only replied a week later when I left a Trust Pilot review after which they suddenly sorted my issue within minutes.

I hope that’s to your satisfaction.

Edit: Wait, are you angry still from yesterday when I suggested you need to calm down? You either have anger issues or your posts are super aggressive for no reason. Either way, you need help.

Anyway, that’s my reasoning on ShopTo support being sh*t. It’s not a one off, I know another person who had issues with an order in the last month too. They’re not great for support. Whereas Amazon can’t really be beaten for support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Are you calling him a scalper. He may sell at RRP, when AN Other who picks up his cancelled order may well be.
Nope, it was your suggestion to buy two and sell one, not the OP’s. However I did wrongly assume you meant sell one for a profit so sorry about that. 🍻

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Insulting towards others (mild)
Not sure why you feel like you need to be an arse but yes, funnily enough I’ve had issues with their support in the last couple of weeks where they messed up an order, didn’t reply to support messages left, ignored tweets and only replied a week later when I left a Trust Pilot review after which they suddenly sorted my issue within minutes.

I hope that’s to your satisfaction.

Edit: Wait, are you angry still from yesterday when I suggested you need to calm down? You either have anger issues or your posts are super aggressive for no reason. Either way, you need help.

Anyway, that’s my reasoning on ShopTo support being sh*t. It’s not a one off, I know another person who had issues with an order in the last month too. They’re not great for support. Whereas Amazon can’t really be beaten for support.

Lol... sorry to burst your ego but I don’t get angry with random strangers on the internet. I think you need to remove that chip off your shoulder.

I asked a simple non aggressive question, you could have simply replied but that chip on your shoulder seems to have prevented that? Oh well.

Thank you for sharing your experiences so others now know why you advise not to use that company, which was what I was getting at. People might like to know the reason you dislike a company rather then you simply claiming don’t use them, anyone would then ask why?

Last edited by a moderator:

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
Very impressed with AO so far. Got a text with a tracking code on it almost immediately and have just now had another text off them, saying they mistakenly charged £10 for next day delivery which they shouldn’t do for a pre-order and they’re going to refund it. I thought the £10 was just the shipping charge and was glad to pay it for the chance of getting a Series X late in the day.

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Should i be looking at ebay for the best option?

If you are happy to pay the scalper prices and the risks involved with buying expensive items on eBay (I never would) sure go for it but IMO the classifieds here would be a great option as I am sure a few will be willing to help other out at RRP.

RAINS

If you are happy to pay the scalper prices and the risks involved with buying expensive items on eBay (I never would) sure go for it but IMO the classifieds here would be a great option as I am sure a few will be willing to help other out at RRP.
I think ill wait until the 10th and see if anyone wants to sell. Happy to pay a little over RRP and postage but not at some prices currently on Ebay. Thanks

veedub

I have also failed to get any of the pre orders (keep missing the windows) 🙁

I’m hoping that some more are made available on release day or later in November before Christmas, if not will see what options come up before Christmas (classifieds or even eBay if the prices lower to a more reasonable level, ideally more will come up through retailers). I’m not paying current eBay prices out of principal.

The pressure is on here - Santa lists have been written, here’s hoping more consoles are coming soon! 😬

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Cancelled my pre-order with Shopto-just think I’ll be better off sticking with Amazon if there are any issues.

So someone who kept their order with Shopto will be happy tonight/ tomorrow.

TheRobotman

Distinguished Member
Shopto cancelled my Pre order, I had a confirmation e-mail and they took a penny for some reason (which they still owe me) but my pre order is gone. They took a week to respond to my e-mail and then blamed Sony?!?!

looks like I’ll be paying some bloody shyster a bit extra so that I don’t have disappointed children in Xmas morning. What’s the going rate for the series X?

gds1972

Shopto cancelled my Pre order, I had a confirmation e-mail and they took a penny for some reason (which they still owe me) but my pre order is gone. They took a week to respond to my e-mail and then blamed Sony?!?!

looks like I’ll be paying some bloody shyster a bit extra so that I don’t have disappointed children in Xmas morning. What’s the going rate for the series X?
I would wait until the 10th then try Argos hopefully you will be able to grab one from them on click and collect.

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
I think its a bit out of order to cancel a pre order they should give you the option to keep it and get first dibs when new stock comes in.

batfinkus

Well Microsoft store tried to take payment today and my lovely credit card company blocked the transaction as fraudulent :facepalm:

will have to ring Microsoft to see if they’ll attempt payment again

BigTelHols

Well Microsoft store tried to take payment today and my lovely credit card company blocked the transaction as fraudulent :facepalm:

Had that happen to me when ordering TV's in the past. Hope you can get sorted with the minimum of fuss.

Greasychipbutty

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night.

I spent 40 mins in an online chat queue who were really helpful when i finally got thru to them.

She said as long as i had authorised it with Natwest, the payment would be retaken in a few days.

Woke this morning and they'd already taken it.

Don't worry it'll go thru next time they try.

RAINS

What's my best option for the 10th assuming some walk-ins will now be click and collect. What time should i be scanning to plethora of websites? any advice....

morits

oh wow that disappeared fast :( last time it stayed in stock for more than an hour before going. i'll remove the link to avoid getting peoples hopes up

GaryB 1978

Distinguished Member
I’m also trying but failing to pre order one of these. I’m hoping to get one on or around the 10th ready for a Christmas prezzie for my lad. Any spares in here I’m also willing to pay a little over the £450

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for December 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Steve Withers
  • Published
Black Friday 2021: What you need to know
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray Special - The Cinema of Zhang Yimou & Gong Li