Best place to get the MS Audio Dongle?

kismet110

Prominent Member
Hi all

After stupidly letting a couple slip from my grasp on the sales forum here I'm after the above as using HDMI on my 360 so need it for connecting optical cable to a (soon to arrive) 5.1 sound system.

No luck searching on eBay, rather not butcher my component lead if I can help it (although it might yet come to that so any pointers on that front are welcome too :rolleyes:).

If you know of a supplier/retailer that doesn't charge the earth, or an individual who is willing to part with one (for cash or trade if preferable) please let me know.

Otaku Punk

Established Member
I've seen one of the official HDMI kits for about £33 in my local gamestation. TBH you're better off finding the cheapest possible video cable with an optical output and taking that apart, shouldn't cost you more than a few quid. Play.com have a VGA lead with optical out for about £6, the optical port should be unaffected by the quality of the cable due to being a digital signal.

*UPDATE*

There is a way to get the official audio adapter direct from microsoft for free! See my post here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690931

The latest video from AVForums

Amazon Fire TV Cube Gen 3 Review: Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom