Best Place To Buy Replacement Mobile Phone Batteries?

gphome

Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice.

I've bought a second hand Galaxy S that is 3 months old (for £160, bargain!) and I'm sure that the chap who I bought it off didn't 'condition' the battery correctly. Of course I could be wrong as I know battery usage is bad in all high end smartphones bar the iphone 4 but if I can get a replacement battery for releatively cheap then I would get one to appease my questioning mid lol.

Any pointers on a good place to look? are 3rd party batteries ok to use? Should I try and get a battery above the standard 1500mah in the device?

Thanks

RobM

Distinguished Member
Go for standard unless you can find some very good reviews and long-term tests for third party versions. Better safe than sorry, so I'd rather go for a standard battery and keep yours as a spare than a potentially risky third party version.

As for where... L8Shop.net, Expansys, Mobile Fun, Amazon, Samsung direct... there are a lot of options out there. Google is your friend.

prking

Bear in mind that if you are thinking of the sort of battery conditioning that you used to do dns NiCad and NimH batteries; you will significantly decrease the life of a modern lithium based battery.
Always follow the instructions supplied, in particular do not charge for an extended period. With a modern battery the best advice is to charge little and often.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom