1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to Buy Pioneer 433H or 530H DVR + VCD Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johnsteed, Aug 8, 2005.

1. johnsteed

johnsteed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read in the Pioneer DVR 433H or 530H manual that you can play VCD, but can you copy a NTSC format VCD to the HD and make a NTSC copy onto DVD-R?

I know the quality will still be the same but some of my family in the US cannot play VCD's but can play DVD-R. The discs are home made and not copyrighted original movies so macrovision isn't a problem.

Also, where is the best place to purchase either the 433 or 530 since LXDirect that some of you on this board used seem to be out of stock of the 530.

Thanks for any help.

2. apokryphos

apokryphos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Could you not convert the VCD using your computer? There's plenty of info on how to do this here: http://www.videohelp.com/

The DVR-433H-S is available at empiredirect for £280 and amazon has it for £275 delivered.

3. burgeruk

burgeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    you can get the dvr530 from www.cheapelectricals.co.uk for£307 inc p+p,i understand you have to pay a £10 membership fee to get it at that price,but they're the cheapest next to lx direct :cool:

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Some people have commented about the 433 remote which looks simple, but requires use of a 'Shift' key for some functions.
    The 530 remote is entirely 'single use' keys- some may change function depending on operation in progress but that is automatic.