1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to buy online

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by speedy gonzalez, May 25, 2005.

1. speedy gonzalez

speedy gonzalez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at getting a new widescreen screen television. Any good places to buy online from in terms of aftersales service as well as price. I'm thinking of getting the Panasonic TX28PM12.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I think you will get a better response by short listing companies that you are considering on price and then ask people if they have had any good or bad experiences with them.

From a personal note I bought my TV from a company from Discount Electricals UK. It developed a fault a couple of weeks ago and after reporting it they got an engineer out within 2 working days and said a temporary replacement set could be provided if they needed to take it away. They were also up front with the fact that if the set proved not to be 'faulty' (eg connection not pushed in properly/ blown fuse in the plug) that there would be a £50 call out fee - to me this is fair enough esp as it was said up front.

When I looked to get my set they were probably the 4th cheapest but were the only ones that had stock and delivery was within a 3 days of ordering (they do their own delivery rather than couriers - this also made me feel more confident that it wouldnt be damaged on route as it comes out their own pocket compared to some large couriers who tend to not be as careful with goods) where as some of the other possible retailers I looked at wanted to wait 3-5 working days for 'credit card clearance' before they would even start the shipping process.

3. speedy gonzalez

speedy gonzalez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Astaroth - Discount Electrical is the one that's top of my list. Second choice is BE Direct

4. Hotshot147

Hotshot147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4