Best place to buy fireworks?

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to get fireworks from?

CostCo have some big sets in but they were £58 and didn't have any rockets in them, the rockets were £30 odd quid albeit quite a few in a very big box. £90+ seems OTT, I'd like to keep it to sub £50...PJ

Nobber22 said:
Aren't the bloody things illegal yet? :mad:

Sadly....not.

I am all in favour of stopping the General Public from buying them, there are far too many cretins around who abuse the privilege. :lesson: :lesson:

Logo Hater said:
Sadly....not.

I am all in favour of stopping the General Public from buying them, there are far too many cretins around who abuse the privilege. :lesson: :lesson:

sadly... DITTO! :lesson: :(

Nobber22 said:
Aren't the bloody things illegal yet? :mad:
They should be i agree, if you want to see fireworks you should have to go to a display.

There is a little shop in newcastle that sells them all year round, although you have to be 18 to get.

This board is full killjoys who would ban everything given a chance. Maybe if you had to register with your local authority and show a licence to buy fireworks and then the cretins wouldn't be able to get their hands on them so easily.

Try getting to a display on public transport, where I live they close off the road to all traffic except buses for the display and there are moves to do awy with the display because of money. 2 London boroughs share the cost of the display and they are still moaning about cost.

Let people to continue to have their little display at home. I bet all you moaners used throw bangers around as kids and do worse than the kids today.

potshot said:
This board is full killjoys who would ban everything given a chance. Maybe if you had to register with your local authority and show a licence to buy fireworks and then the cretins wouldn't be able to get their hands on them so easily.
Yeah killjoys we are i open the papers to see pets getting fireworks strapped to them and blown to bit, kids throwing them at people, putting them through peoples doors etc.

Each year it's getting worse and worse but hey if some kid/chav hits your family members and burns them bad you won't be arsed will you? because that would make you a killjoy because they think it's funny.

going back to the point of the thread, there are these weird "seasonal shops" near where i live (london) that literally sell just season good, eg Nov fireworks, Xmas trees etc, those places are brilliant for cheap fireworks .you got any of those near you?

hope you wiull act responsible and not add to the terror tales here of straping them to pets and throwing them at people!

Thanx to one or two who tried to help, sorry I asked now!

make yr own - do a search on google

PJTX100 said:
Any recommendations on where to get fireworks from?

CostCo have some big sets in but they were £58 and didn't have any rockets in them, the rockets were £30 odd quid albeit quite a few in a very big box. £90+ seems OTT, I'd like to keep it to sub £50...PJ

Where are you based? I found a couple of what looked like decent online stores but the delivery costs in many cases meant it would be cheaper to buy locally.

I can understand people's frustration with fireworks - I too live in an area where the Chav's get their hands on them and cause havoc - although this year the local police have been out in force and (I believe) delving out on the spot fines etc.

However I don't believe they should be banned - we had a party in the back garden of a friends last week which was properly organised and all fireworks were finished by 9.30pm - this kind of "organised" event shouldn't have to suffer because of the stupid few... perhaps we should ban alcohol because, dare I say it, some people get drunk and do stupid things!! ;)

Mr Cat said:
make yr own - do a search on google

Good idea. But don't listen to the instructions when they tell you to use a certain amount of gunpowder and no more. They're just being killjoys. :smashin:

Nobber22 said:
Good idea. But don't listen to the instructions when they tell you to use a certain amount of gunpowder and no more. They're just being killjoys. :smashin:

Gunpowder :confused: shouldn't you be using nitro glisarol :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom