1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to buy console games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Kronenbourg, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Kronenbourg

Kronenbourg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Just wondering where people get their games from? I am looking to buy a couple more games for my xbox and was hoping to find somewhere relatively cheap, reliable and that dont take 2 weeks to deliver :)

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    Just search the various online shops (amazon, play, game etc) for the games that you are after and buy from the cheapest. some sites have some games cheaper than others but this varies from game to game and site to site.

I find that the sites I have mentioned all have some great deals and they are fast and reliable.

3. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I find that amazon.co.uk is consistantly the cheapest, with all new releases at £30.

Although recently I have noticed Virgin had 'Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow' for £30, so maybe the high street is finally playing catch-up?

4. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Try this site for some specials - don't know what they are like as I've just placed my 1st order with them & don't know if the prices are good for X-Box (p&p extra). There does not seem to be a single site that offers continued low prices. However I have noticed that in most cases for the games I want, the 'games only providers' (& CD-Wow) seem to be the worst for value. Recently ordered 4 games for my GC, 1 each from; Tesco's, Virgin, Cannings & games4u.

www.cannings.co.uk/acatalog/xbox_games_special_offer.html

Paul

5. Kronenbourg

Kronenbourg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Ooooh - topspin for 14 quid - let us know how you get on with them and may find myself ordering that.

6. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Cannings order placed on Friday, emailed order accepted & despatch notices received sameday, order arrived Saturday by recorded delivery.

Paul

7. Kronenbourg

Kronenbourg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Nice one -ta :) Have ordered Top Spin and MotoGP2 from em now.

8. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    lmao - never expected to see Cannings' site pop up on here. :thumbsup:

They have a games shop in the North West (also got a PC hardware/video rental shop) and I've been using them for years. Just applied for a part time job there as well :) Never ordered from the site though because it's easier to just walk down to their shop and they've always got what I'm looking for in stock.

They're a fantastic store to deal with...really friendly and always very reliable :) So it's good to see their online service is as good :smashin:

[/pimping]

9. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Just as point of interest (or not) I placed 2 orders recently. One with Tesco's the other with Virgin; both arrived very quickly, within 3 days. The Tesco’s order charged postage, the Virgin one was free – however, both were identically packed with the same returns address? Both sites had games that were cheaper than buying locally – or online from Game specific sites, even with delivery from Tesco. I usually browse these sites before ordering, although, it must be said the Virgin one is a bit of a pain to, as it doesn’t have a list all games feature.

Paul.

10. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Don't know about PS2 X-Box, but I've just seen that this site has most of the games I've recently purchased at lower prices than I've paid + most of the GC Players Choice games are at £13.99 with free delivery. Has anyone used them?

Paul

11. nathsea

nathsea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    ot used them myself, but looking at the site it bears an exceptional resemblance to the play.com site.

Nathan

12. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    looks a good site - i notice they have GT4 for release on 1st May 04! Not sure where they have got this release date from - Amazon have it as 29th October 2004 and they even have a UK release of Prologue due around the middle of May. I wish it was out 1st May but i would say that this release date is rubbish.

13. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yes, I had spotted the resemblances to Play, although they are based in Guernsey, not Jersey & the prices do differ, so is it the same company and the restriction to UK only delivery could be the reason for lower costs or just the same web developer? After all the Tesco site is very close to the Amazon one, in looks - but I wouldn't assume they are the same company. I have posted a thread in the DVD Talk forum to ask for users of this site as DVD buyers seem to be more aggressive in their bargain hunting – but I had my quota of taking chances on unknown sites for this month! Is there a game equivalent of dvdpricecheck & can we start a recommended suppliers thread?

Paul

14. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Kronenbourg,

Did Canning's service meet your expectations?

Would anyone else like to add suppliers they consistently find good prices and service for their console?

Paul

15. Kronenbourg

Kronenbourg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Ordered saturday, email confirmation same day, shipped monday, arrived recorded delivery tuesday morning. MotoGP2 and Topspin for 33.48 including delivery. No hassle, no fuss, got exactly what I was after in as quick a time as possible. Definately a big thumbs up. :smashin:

Thanks for the recommendation :D