best place to buy cheap cables?

S

simonp

assortment of cables required for my new tv and dvd home cinema system. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

U

Underscore

If you are up to making your own, I can highly recommend the Shark high-grade audio interconnect (XS39N) for stereo interconnects @ £3.49/m with their high quality gold phono plugs (JZ09K & JZ10L) @ £1.99ea. Also, for a sub cable, the (XS38R) high-grade audio cable is great value @ £0.99/m.

HTH,

_

sparkymarky

just got a philex thor scart to scart (what hifi 5/5) from grandata for £23.50
norm £30. Came with a dvd lens cleaning disc and fluid too!

U

Underscore

Originally posted by Underscore
If you are up to making your own, I can highly recommend the Shark high-grade audio interconnect (XS39N) for stereo interconnects @ £3.49/m with their high quality gold phono plugs (JZ09K & JZ10L) @ £1.99ea. Also, for a sub cable, the (XS38R) high-grade audio cable is great value @ £0.99/m.

HTH,

_
Oops, forgot to say, all these are from Maplin (www.maplin.co.uk)

Cheers,

_

Branxx

Standard Member
Try studiospares.co.uk . they have on-line ordering and the wast selection at reasonable prices.

S

simonp

cheers lads. one other question and this is probably a very silly question but i'm gonna ask it anyway ;-)

My DVD player has a component output but my TV only has SCART. If I buy a component cable can I link to the TV thru SCART and will I get the quality you would expect to get from componet.

Matt Horne

No.. you would need a component socket on the TV or a component 2 RGB scart convertor which then adds in another expense.. stick with a RGB scart cable..

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom