1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Place to Buy a X850 XT PE?!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Oct 7, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I usually buy all my PC components in the USA and bring it back here to assemble but I am wanting the X850 XT Platinum Edition and it's pretty hard to buy a proper Video Card in the UK - I am pretty certain I just want the Basic ATI Edition not any of these aftermarket Sapphires or stuff like that - ideas?

2. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
  3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    When is the last time you bought a video card? The radeons from different manufaturer's are much of a muchness. Buy the one that gives the best value for money. HIS , Sapphire whatever.

4. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1 Year Ago... Rad. 9800 Pro AIW...

What's the best one?

What's the difference between the aftermarket cards?

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Occasionally you get one particular brand which maybe uses slightly faster memory than another. Very occasionally you get one manufacturer's card that has a known design problem or higher than normal failure rate.

In real terms there is little practical difference between the different manufacturers. I've had saphires , PNY , HIS , Asus ...you name it. Its unlikely that the manufacturer is an issue unless you know o one particular brand that is more amenable to overclocking , flashing to a higher card.

If you are just after a card then don't worry too much about the manufacturer. There was a time when an ATI branded card was generally regarded as better than other ...those days are long gone.