Best Place to Buy a X850 XT PE?!

K

kmhtkmhtkmht

I usually buy all my PC components in the USA and bring it back here to assemble but I am wanting the X850 XT Platinum Edition and it's pretty hard to buy a proper Video Card in the UK - I am pretty certain I just want the Basic ATI Edition not any of these aftermarket Sapphires or stuff like that - ideas?

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
kmhtkmhtkmht said:
I am pretty certain I just want the Basic ATI Edition not any of these aftermarket Sapphires or stuff like that - ideas?

When is the last time you bought a video card? The radeons from different manufaturer's are much of a muchness. Buy the one that gives the best value for money. HIS , Sapphire whatever.

K

kmhtkmhtkmht

1 Year Ago... Rad. 9800 Pro AIW...

What's the best one?

What's the difference between the aftermarket cards?

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Occasionally you get one particular brand which maybe uses slightly faster memory than another. Very occasionally you get one manufacturer's card that has a known design problem or higher than normal failure rate.

In real terms there is little practical difference between the different manufacturers. I've had saphires , PNY , HIS , Asus ...you name it. Its unlikely that the manufacturer is an issue unless you know o one particular brand that is more amenable to overclocking , flashing to a higher card.

If you are just after a card then don't worry too much about the manufacturer. There was a time when an ATI branded card was generally regarded as better than other ...those days are long gone.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom