Quantcast

Best place to buy a cheap Windows laptop

DT79

Hi,

I need to buy a cheap windows 10 laptop to run Dirac Live. I’m normally a Mac user and it’s been a long time since I had my own windows machine, or since I bought one. Unfortunately my 2009 Macbook Pro is too old to run Dirac, and lugging the iMac down from the office is too much of a PITA. I can’t justify buying a new MBP as the only other thing I would really use it for is running the Harmony remote software.

Last time I bought a windows laptop I got it from PC World and it was chock-full of junk software. I remember going through a deleting loads of stuff, but I don’t know enough to know exactly what I can delete and what needs to be kept.

Can anyone recommend a good retailer (preferably online) where I can get a good VFM Windows laptop, with a minimum of unnecessary junk/clutter pre-loaded on it.

Thanks!

raspberrian

Standard Member
Ebay can yield some used ex-business laptops. The IT recycler type sellers usually re image them to pretty stock windows. Or check out some such sellers directly by googling.

DT79

Ebay can yield some used ex-business laptops. The IT recycler type sellers usually re image them to pretty stock windows. Or check out some such sellers directly by googling.
Just had a quick look and that seems to be an excellent suggestion, thanks. :thumbsup:

DavidG1

Top Bottom