1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to buy a bulb for Sony HS10 ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by GlasgowGary, May 23, 2003.

1. GlasgowGary

GlasgowGary
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, the times come to think about having a replacement bulb handy, wheres the best place to buy one online? The cheapest I've found so far has been NexNix at £245.00 + VAT.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pretty hard to beat that I imagine - actually probably difficult to find many HS10 bulb sources.

Why so soon though?

3. GlasgowGary

GlasgowGary
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for the reply Kramer, I guess the novelty of having the Projector for the first few months and the fact I left it running unattended sometimes has ended the bulbs life. I also use the cinema filter and have it running on Dynamic mode most of the time too (and I have 2 kids).
    I'm sure these are factors which have affected the bulbs life expectancy and hopefullly replacing the bulb will sort it. If not then I could well have a faulty machine, but the light that indicates you need a new lamp is always on so I'm fairly sure. The PJ powers up ok, it just cant throw any light at the moment.

To be honest I'm a bit annoyed that I've only had 4/5 months use from it and already I'm having to fork out for a new lamp.

I'll post back when I get a new bulb :(

GlasgowGary

4. marcusayre

marcusayre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Be wary of any company starting with "tech"... Do a google groups search and you'll see what I mean ;-)

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems a good price for a HS10 bulb (as if £245 could ever be considered a good price for a feckin bulb!).

Not much any company could fubar with the supply of a PJ bulb :)