1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to buy 9308?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by stlic, Feb 17, 2004.

1. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Just looking around at some prices for the 28" model and from what I can tell the cheapest is soundandvision, bearing in mind that price includes delivery and stand (although stand is not vital it would help resale value).

Just wondering if others had seen it for cheaper elsewhere?.. Where have ppl brought their sets from?

EDIT: I've also been checking out eBay but it seems that these sets sometimes go for close to brand new retail price so it makes me wonder if simply buying it new is the best idea.

2. Tesla

Tesla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I almost got this TV but was put off by:
    Poor quality stand (sounds like you dont need it)
    1 RGB scart (2 scarts in total)

Other than that it is a stunner!

\\Chris

3. rvd48

rvd48

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    y u wanna buy that model, it'll give u a bad pixelated picture, y dont do search this forum with that model number?:lesson:

4. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yeah the 2 Scarts is really my only concern. I might even go for a second hand (old generation PixelPlus+) Philips to get 3 scarts (2 RGB). Where did you get your Pana from... good value?

I have read the threads and in between a few positive responses. The thing is I have very particular taste and find that comments written in forums rarely reflect my experiences. Maybe thats why I want to buy from a reputable company so I can effectively give it a go and return if I find it's not suitable. I've checked the set out in a shop and was resonably impressed but as you know nothing beats getting it home and trying it out yourself.

The two scart only issue is a problem, particularly the single RGB but I can live with that if the picture is to my liking. The thing is I've found some alternatives, namely Sony and Toshiba (not going to buy another Panasonic after my experience with my current widescreen set) but the price is similar so I was hoping to give PixelPlus+ a go.

Anyone got cheaper then..;)

5. Tesla

Tesla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I got my TV for £400 brand new BARGAIN!
    Im pleased with it. My first TV over 14", its in my bedroom and impresses all the ladies. All 28" of it. :p

My sky got installed today. It has an RGB loop through so i have xbox looped through that. DVD player uses 2nd RGB scart.

Philips is a nice TV though. At the end of the day its down to personal preference and budget.

Go what you like, not what magazines like. It is worth checking magazines though as they can give you some pointers and things which are worth looking up. The same with this forum.

\\Chris

6. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    My view exactly.. although I thought the TV came with two scart sockets (one being RGB compatible)?

Anyway £400 is definately a great price.. care to tell me where or how..:p