1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place for Sharp Aquos?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Pezerinno, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Originally I was after a Sharp LC32GA4E but cannot seems to find any in stock unless I pay £2k+

Is the only difference between the GA3 and GA4 speaker placement? If so I will happily go for a GA3. I want removable speakers and DVI which I know the GA5 hasn't (and I'm guessing the GA6 won't either). Now I'm sure I saw a couple of places having the 32" GA3 in stock for £1300 but how I can't find it anywhere. A couple of places have them for about £1370 but are 'awaiting stock' and I don't want to spend £1800 for one.

So is there anywhere who has them in stock at a good price? I really don't want it yet to be honest as it's for my dorm in univeristy which I won't be returning to until the 23rd Jan - could I afford to wait until then or do you think no where will have them in stock by that time?

Or am I going over the top here, are there LCD TV's which are equally as good (although I really like the look of the sharps) I want it to be around 32" with DVI, preferably removable speakers, preferably under £1400.

Thanks, Nick.

2. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    good luck finding one below £2k mark and in stock. i was after one as well but on bxing everyone inc empire sold out, they are not getting any more in. unbeatable watned £1900 last time i checked so i have now gone with the 37" version. the GA3 version is also gone now.

only other 32" with dvi i know of are the samusung and tosh 32lw48 i know the same sung support full res via dvi when used with a pc.

damn shame sharp decided to end the 3 series and 4 series so damn soon. 32" woulda been perfect for me bed room. ah well guess the extra 5" will make LOTR trillogy look much better :devil:

3. blossom

blossom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Nick,

Bought a Sharp LC26GA4E yesterday from John Lewis. A good deal at £979.00 inc 5 year warranty.

Its got everything you are lloking for in terms of spec but only 26".

Cheers

Paul

Cheers

4. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Yeah i can find a few of the 26" version for under £1000. Really wanted a bigger screen though...

How much do the 37" go for?

Also what are some other good alternatives that don't have DVI ( I think I might be able to get away with no having one )

5. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a place in Spennymoor (NE England) called Leonards. was in there lsat week and they had a few Aquos units on sale. From Memory there was a 30" unit for £1000 and the 37" Hv4e for £2000 plus some sort of voucher cash back offer.
    Soapy

6. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Wouldn't know if they have a website do you? I live down the south so Spennymoor would be a long way to go (especially considering I don't drive).

Nick.

7. wdrury_uk

wdrury_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found it for £1599 on site I was looking last night.

Let me see if I have it in my history.

8. wdrury_uk

wdrury_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nick,
    they don't have a website but they are well established (10 years plus) there telephone no. is 01388 810239. Always worth a try.
    Soapy