1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best PJ for PS2 Gran Turismo 4, AE700 or Z3?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Kayser, May 2, 2005.

1. Kayser

Kayser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I'm searching for a pj 80% of the time exclusively for playing GT4 Pal and 20% for films.

I'm doubting between the Panasonic AE700 and Sanyo Z3. My throw distance is 2.2 m and I would like to have the best image quality posible for a 60 fps interlaced PAL signal(GT4 PAL output).

Anyone have any of this pj and play GT4 PAL? please if you can post pictures to see the image quality I would thank for it(would be great to see the IQ differences between pause/movement).

And to finish some questions: (better if are referenced to GT4)

-Are the blacks in the Z3 so bad? are the AE700 better?
    -The in-game scaled IQ of the Z3 is really better than the AE700?
    -Are the output of the Z3 too pixelated compared to the 'smoothscreen' of the AE700?
    -The picture have more interlaced artifacts(or pixelation) than a crt tv? or the converted progressive retains the same Tv detail?
    -The overscan cut the game image?
    -The pj convert a 50 fps interlaced signal to 50 fps progressive or to 25 fps interpolated progressive?(I don´t want to loose framerate!)
    -Are any minor lag playing games with any of this pj?

Very thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english. :)

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Probably get the best response to a question like that in the 'DLP & LCD Projectors' forum.

Whad'ya reckon mods?

3. Kayser

Kayser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did it, I post here too because since it's a console forum more people can help me.

Thanks for reply!