1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best picture settings for Samsung LE32R41B?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by groovyf, Sep 16, 2005.

1. groovyf

groovyf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Was sure I'd come across a thread/post outlining the best picture settings for the LE32R41B, but not been fruitful with a search :/

Is there one, or does anyone have a list of settings that are worth trying out. I've spent some time with mine and just wondering if there's a reference set to check. Other than that, is it worth using the TXH settings test that comes on Star Wars (and other DVDs)?

Cheers

2. Jamesk13

Jamesk13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cant help with this but funnily enough I was here looking for exactly the same thing. I have seen a few suggestions for sharpness and brightness etc but no real concensus.

I am using RGB scart to connect my NTL cable (the only option I have) and the picture is not great, especially with overlying text and close up. This as I understand it is not a surprise but I would appreciate the do's and don'ts about DNR and the functions if possible :)

3. featherbrain

featherbrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That thread you were looking for ....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226591

Edit: RGB via scart isn't great on this set, I actually find non-RGB scart a lot better when I need to use it. Try switching off RGB output on your STB. Component and HDMI are a must, ultimately.

4. groovyf

groovyf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That's the puppy. Thanks featherbrain