Question Best Picture Settings for Hisense 75A7100FTUK

TheDarkKnight01

I received the Hisense 75A7100FTUK yesterday and wondered whether anyone else has this and could recommend the best picture settings for it?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Maybe something in the Hisense forum?

hartley04

Hi,
I am thinking of getting this TV is it any good? I currently have a 65 but with the cinemas closed its time to watch more movies at home.

Cheers

Mark

TheDarkKnight01

Honestly, the 4K content and good HD content are fantastic.

Only real issue is SD formats, if you watch any of those. The BBC HD channels aren't great either, but any Blu Ray and 95% of HD channels look brilliant.

I'm still waiting to apply specific picture settings to the TV but haven't had any response yet, as you can see.

For the price, getting a 75" screen is well worth having that extra size in my personal opinion.

Depending on your setup and sources, you could spend more, but whether that would be worth it all depends on what you would be using and how you are setup.

hartley04

Honestly, the 4K content and good HD content are fantastic.

Only real issue is SD formats, if you watch any of those. The BBC HD channels aren't great either, but any Blu Ray and 95% of HD channels look brilliant.

I'm still waiting to apply specific picture settings to the TV but haven't had any response yet, as you can see.

For the price, getting a 75" screen is well worth having that extra size in my personal opinion.

Depending on your setup and sources, you could spend more, but whether that would be worth it all depends on what you would be using and how you are setup.
Hi,

Thanks for your honest reply. I am surprised that the BBC HD pictures are not that great. Are you watching them through SKY? I mostly watch Netflix and free to air channels and Blu Ray. no 4K films as of yet. Have you contacted Hisense for settings?
For its price it sounds pretty good or one has to stump up some big money to go for a Samsung or OLED LG.

Cheers

TheDarkKnight01

Yeah through Sky Q (not sure if previous versions of Sky would be any better). It's moreso BBC1 that you notice it with.

If you mainly watch Blu Ray and Netflix I think you will love it. At least for me, content that is HD upwards (Blu Rays in particular) are fantastic. 4K even greater if you eventually went over to it.

Haven't contacted Hisense. Hadn't really even thought they would advise anything other than their standard presets. But I could drop them an email I guess.

Yes exactly, the 77" OLED's are around £3,500 give or take so that is a massive jump up.

hartley04

Hi,
I run a Satellite and aerial company in Berkshire, and my engineers when they install large TVs always say that BBC pics through SKY services are poor. Its something that SKy do for some reason. Much better straight into the back of the TV for terrestrial services.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom