1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best picture settings for consoles on 9607?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by astonbilla, Oct 29, 2002.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Guys, i love this set but i dont think its the best with consoles. I think though this is down to the picture settings. Pixel plus is too sharp for consoles, double lines is ok and 100 hz seems great but too soft.

Can anyone recommend some settings for me, also does anyone turn their sharpness up for consoles?

One more thing, i haven't changed anything (contrast, colour etc) since getting the set. Is the contrast too high when the set is first swtiched on?

Many thanks all

Bill

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi astonbilla, I could also do with some good recommed settings and yes I found the contrast to be very high.

This TV has many options such as Smart Picture which are all predefined and corresponds to the specific factory settings, once pressed will overwite any settings you may of set in the personal setting.

Then you have the Avtive Control which changes the incoming signal in order to provide the best picture possible, so you could play with either as they will change any combination of picture enhancements to meet your requirements.

I think the best solution will be to buy a DVD setup disk such as Avia to check and ensure that any picture calibrations are first set correctly.:)

3. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3