• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Picture Quality - Sky or Freeview?

weyland-yutani

like for like i.e; a strong signal, which is better or are they too close to call? i ask because i want to be able to watch certain tv shows on my 90" pj screen. so the better the signal quality the less crappy the picture, right? i am undecided on whether to get sky or freeview.:confused:

any advice welcome.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Both being digital signals, signal strength does not come into it. You either get a picture or you don't.

Picture quality for digital signals depend on other things, bit rates, bandwidth etc, - all channel dependant. You would have to compare individual channel specifics.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Freeview in general has better bandwidth, but lots of other things must be taken into account, poor cables between STB's and projectors/TV's. Setups not correctly done. The compromise I have come to is Freeview from the builtin tuner on the TV, so technically no losses with analogue cables and a Humax HD Freesat PVR box which connects with HDMI.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom