1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best picture possible, what are my options?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Scotty Boy, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Nov 11, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    By reading alot of threads, i've kind of confused myself. So i'm looking to find out all the answers I need right here. First of all, I'll be using this DVD player for Music aswell as DVDs untill I can afford a dedicated CD player too.

Basically, I have a Panasonic High Def 6 series Plasma, with component board. Now, I understand that if I was to get a DVD player like for instance the Denon 2910, which i've had my eye on. I would only get 480p (NTSC Discs) and 576p (PAL Discs) Fair enough, I understand that.

But. I would quite like to get 720p and 1080i from Plasma, as it can handle it. But to get this from the Denon, i'd need to buy a DVI board for my plasma.

Fair enough, I understand that.

But that's where it gets complicated, I need a definate answer of what this DVI board will give me on my Plasma. As i've heard something about 50 or 60hz not being displayed. What's this all about?

Denon 2910, DVI board, DVI cable. 720p and 1080i on Both PAL discs and NTSC discs? Or not?

Sorry to go on, just wanting to get as much info together as possible. But remember, it will be used for music too, hence why I was looking at the denon. I've also been told about the yamakawa or something, which does 720p and 1080i over component. :eek: