Best picture for£1500?

J

JD

I'm looking to upgrade my Tosh DVD player(200), looking to spend around £1500. Looking for the best picture and also i will use it as a CD player. Maybe I should spend abit more and go for a second hand Tag or Meridan? Will be using it with a projector(still deciding which one, poss Sharp 10000). Can anyone help me decide?

JD, having played with a multitude of players in search of nirvana, my advice would be:

1) Buy a Pioneer 757 for £630 new. Better pic quality than the Arcams and Tosh 900e I've owned

2) Buy a 2nd hand Cyrus CD7Q, approx £750. This will give you the best of both worlds and leave some change for decent leads if required

IMHO :smashin:

You can probably pick up a second hand Meridian 596 for not much over £1500. Very nice piece of kit. If you want something new at that price then Arcam DV27 isn't bad. (596 and DV27 do both have the chroma bug, if you care). I don't know if you can get 2nd hand models of the front-loading Tag player yet. The top-loading version would probably cost substantially more than £1500 even second hand.

In my opinion if you are looking for the best picture the Pio 757 is the best at a fraction of the money you are prepared to spend. Do the test for youreself!

Originally posted by Costas
In my opinion if you are looking for the best picture the Pio 757 is the best at a fraction of the money you are prepared to spend. Do the test for youreself!

And then buy a decent CD player like the CD7Q which kicks the DV27 into touch as a CD player. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom