Best picture for£1500?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JD, Mar 22, 2003.

1. JD

JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to upgrade my Tosh DVD player(200), looking to spend around £1500. Looking for the best picture and also i will use it as a CD player. Maybe I should spend abit more and go for a second hand Tag or Meridan? Will be using it with a projector(still deciding which one, poss Sharp 10000). Can anyone help me decide?

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    JD, having played with a multitude of players in search of nirvana, my advice would be:

1) Buy a Pioneer 757 for £630 new. Better pic quality than the Arcams and Tosh 900e I've owned

2) Buy a 2nd hand Cyrus CD7Q, approx £750. This will give you the best of both worlds and leave some change for decent leads if required

IMHO :smashin:

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    You can probably pick up a second hand Meridian 596 for not much over £1500. Very nice piece of kit. If you want something new at that price then Arcam DV27 isn't bad. (596 and DV27 do both have the chroma bug, if you care). I don't know if you can get 2nd hand models of the front-loading Tag player yet. The top-loading version would probably cost substantially more than £1500 even second hand.

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    In my opinion if you are looking for the best picture the Pio 757 is the best at a fraction of the money you are prepared to spend. Do the test for youreself!

5. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,036
    And then buy a decent CD player like the CD7Q which kicks the DV27 into touch as a CD player. :smashin: