1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best pic rear pro or projector ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ianmidz, Apr 15, 2003.

1. ianmidz

ianmidz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi !
    I am a bit of a newbie. I have recently upgraded to a 42" tosh tv and am pleased with the picture. However, it doesnt seem big enough in my bedroom! I am viewing from about 16 feet away.
    Thinking of getting the sanyo z1 and a progressive dvd ( I think it does pal pro too ?) can it be ceiling mounted ?
    Will the picture be better than a rear pro at around 60-80 inches ?

The blacks on the tosh are a bit blue which annoys me a bit. anything else worth considering under 2k?
    Sorry for lots of questions !
    thanks
    :D

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know someone with a Toshiba 42" CRT RPTV, and the Panasonic 100.

He's a bit disappointed with the LCD black level (it's dark grey and not black, like the Toshiba) Big image though, and good enough on PQ.

Have you converged your set? My blacks are totally black (although I have a Schempluge problem on the far left)

3. ianmidz

ianmidz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah thanks- I have converged it ok (through the service menu)

I may be being a bit to picky- it gererally looks good with dvd

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget you need to convergege the Tosh for each aspect mode plus for each display format (PAL/NTSC)

So you'll have to do twelve convergence's!

btw, I have the service manual for the 42PW23P if you want it- probably cover the 100hz 42WT version as well. 20MB PDF.

5. Anders_UK

Anders_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the best of both worls and do a cheeky rear-projection system. Then you can go a big as you need!!

Nice, clean, compact and very simple.