Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best Pic Quality....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gliese 581c, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    guys,

what would give the best pic quality between these projectors.. Cine7LT or the BG808 ?

I'm a sony vpl-vw11ht lcd owner, go easy on me, i may take the crt plunge but still not 100% sure.

2. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    I'm no expert but have done a fair amount of research before upgrading from a Sony VW12 to a Cine 7LT. A decent and well setup BG808s will give you a brighter sharper picture and better blacks, but the colours (especially red) will be much better (more accurate) on the 7LT thanks to its colour filtered lenses. Also you don't need a scaler with the 7LT if you feed it a decent progressive scan signal from your DVD player (a Panasonic RP82 in my case), whereas you'll need to budget for a scaler if you go for a 808s otherwise the scanlines would be too visible. The built-in Limo Pro scaler works quite well but is not as good as an external scaler.

3. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    It also depends on what size of a screen you want. The 7LT will be bright enough for up to 7' wide, but if you want bigger then a 808s would be better.

4. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    thanks godfather.