1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Pic Quality....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gliese 581c, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +519
    guys,

what would give the best pic quality between these projectors.. Cine7LT or the BG808 ?

I'm a sony vpl-vw11ht lcd owner, go easy on me, i may take the crt plunge but still not 100% sure.

2. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I'm no expert but have done a fair amount of research before upgrading from a Sony VW12 to a Cine 7LT. A decent and well setup BG808s will give you a brighter sharper picture and better blacks, but the colours (especially red) will be much better (more accurate) on the 7LT thanks to its colour filtered lenses. Also you don't need a scaler with the 7LT if you feed it a decent progressive scan signal from your DVD player (a Panasonic RP82 in my case), whereas you'll need to budget for a scaler if you go for a 808s otherwise the scanlines would be too visible. The built-in Limo Pro scaler works quite well but is not as good as an external scaler.

3. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    It also depends on what size of a screen you want. The 7LT will be bright enough for up to 7' wide, but if you want bigger then a 808s would be better.

4. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +519
    thanks godfather.