Best photo sharing website?

mjn

Distinguished Member
Been using Photobucket for the last 7 years to host photos for embedding into forums, however, Photobucket have decided that 3rd linking is not allowed unless you pay for their $399 / year package! :eek:

A little but higher than the £23 / year i've been paying these years.

So, any recommendations other Imgur and Flickr? I don't mind paying for the service, but nothing near $399 / year!!

mjn

Distinguished Member
Avforums. Never charged me a penny and they are all still there :)

Edit: Wait - do people go to another site to put a photo then link to that here? o_O

Yes. Same photos go on more than one forum.

Dony

Distinguished Member
I use Flickr for any post processed photo's, and have a photobucket account for silly photo's and gifs etc. Facebook for my photo albums.

BobBob21

Another Flickr user, though had a couple of problems over the years, mainly when Yahoo! took over, with lost/unrecoverable passwords but as its free and just for fun for me then I've created a new account and carried on.

For general meme hosting I use IMGUR. There's a Chrome plugin that let's you right click and rehost any image on your IMGUR account of even select a part of the screen and host that to bypass JS nonsense that stops you saving images.

For personal photo archiving, I use Google Photos. It's Cyberdyne levels of AI that let it know a steak dinner from my sister's baby make it great for finding stuff if I can't be bothered to file or tag stuff

For the pictures of LEGO, I use Flickr as Flickr has a really good sense of community with their groups.

arenaman

So are imgur and flickr free? I've been using photobucket for years for free but I'm not paying silly money to show off a few photos now and then

Dony

Distinguished Member
So are imgur and flickr free? I've been using photobucket for years for free but I'm not paying silly money to show off a few photos now and then

Flickr Pro has a subscription but I use the free version. I used to get Pro as a BTinternet customer but they pulled that a while ago.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Ok, so Flickr has an issue. You can't extract the IMG codes using the mobile app, only using the web browser :facepalm:

Some talk of a 3rd party manager for Flickr, but FlickrStackr seems to have disappeared and turned into something else, which doesn't have good reviews.

mvf4

Ok, so Flickr has an issue. You can't extract the IMG codes using the mobile app, only using the web browser :facepalm:

Some talk of a 3rd party manager for Flickr, but FlickrStackr seems to have disappeared and turned into something else, which doesn't have good reviews.
Not sure if its helpful or not but I use this one for bbcodes to post here Web Tools for your online business just copy the url in the app and then paste it at the bottom of the website and it gives you a link. Test
https://flic.kr/p/2gcoeeE] [/url]
Generated by [URL='http://tools.sportscard.trade/']http://tools.sportscard.trade[/url]

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom