1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best photo quality printer £100 or less

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by miniman, Apr 7, 2005.

1. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As per title. I need to buy a printer, I have done a search and there seems to be a problem with epsons if not used to often. so if you had up to £100 to spend on a printer or all in one what one would you buy. Thanks in advance for your help. Mark

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well I use an Epson R200 that I bought a while back for £100, but is available for a fair bit less now. I bought this because it was one of the first printers to print directly to CD/DVD discs. I am very happy with the results for both discs and photos, not that I print photos that often. I've had no problems due to not useing it that often.
    Previously I had always owned Canon printers that were also very good with photos. TBH I don't think any of the printers with black & 5 colours will be bad for photos, so just make sure what you opt for does not only use 3 colours. Next check the cost of replacement ink. Individual colour cartridges can save a few quid as you only replace the required cartridge, but in my experience they nearly always run out at around the same time, or close to, anyway.

Mark.

3. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of getting the r300 as it's available for £80 and the inks seem cheap. I was all set to order until I read some threads that were negative, saying that the inks dry out. Your post has restored some faith. Thanks Mark

4. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've got an R300 that only comes out for photos. It gets used about once a fortnight and its four months old. No problems yet.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Well that's far more use than mine gets. A couple of pages of text a month and colour every couple of months, and photos as & when required which is normally only once or twice a year. As I say, with this occassional use I've had no problems with the ink drying out. I've just replaced my black for the first time since new - about 18 months ago I think, but still have all the origional colour tanks, but a couple have just about run out.

Mark.

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd certainly recommend a Canon, the IP4000 if you can find it within your budget. Awesome printer IMO.

I've never had ANY joy with Epson printers :thumbsdow

7. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have sold over 200 R200s now only ever had 1 back because it would not take the paper straight

I sell them for £55 (With No Inks) i also have one myself they are great printers

Inks i sell for £6 a set but you can buy em cheaper than that in bulk (thats compatible of course)

8. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for all the replys. I think I will go for the epson R300 as pc world are selling them for £80 and the inks are cheap if sourced from elsewhere. mark