1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Photo Printer ?? - Budget < £75

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mjw123, Jul 1, 2005.

1. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Guys,

I have a dell A920 al-in-one printer but i'm thinking of upgrading to a photo quality printer.

I've been recommended the Epson R200 which is on offer at £59.99 - anyone have one of these or recommend any alternatives. At least I believe the ink & paper are cheap for the Epsons unlike some of the other makes.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I'll post this in the PC Hardware section as well (mods)

TIA,
    Mike.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I've got the R200 and to me it is an excellent quality printer. There are many others out there that are as good, if not better now that it is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I origionally bought this printer as it was the only one in my price range (~£100 at the time) that could print directly onto CD/DVD's. Previously I had always owned Canon printers, amd just after I bought the R200 Canon released a CD/DVD capable printer :rolleyes: .

Epsons own ink can be very expensive, but for the past year or so I have been useing third party ink that has given very good results. My last purchase of ink cost me just 99p per cartridge. I think origional Epsons are around £5+ each. With the cheap price of this printer it is now almost as cheap to replace the printer rather than just the ink.

Mark.

3. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +642
    I got the R300 from Amazon for £80 inc delivery recently. Same printer as the R200 but with built in card readers. If you don't need those, go for the R200. There's generally about £20 price difference.

Excellent prints on the R300 (R200 should be the same) and I'm pleased I chose it. HTH.

RDB :)

4. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Looks like it's going to be the R200 unless anyone has any other recommendations ?