Best phone under 300€

blindbird

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My boyfriend and I are looking for a new smartphone. We wouldn't want to spend more than 300€ on each phone. We have done lot of work but we still can't decide what's the best choice. So far Xiaomi Mi4c or Oneplus One seem to be the best deal, but our knowledge is limited.

Important points:
-Enough RAM
-Good processor
-4G connection
-Fair battery life (at least 1 day with no charging)

Other aspects like design, camera, additional services, materials... are not that important as the previous ones.

We would be buying two mobile phones, so if anyone knows some offer please tell us!

Thank you for your time :)

Nexus 6 is over 300€. Besides it has maybe too big screen (my boyfriend doesn't want anything bigger than 5,5")

lg g4 or even the lg g3 which imo (32gb version recommended) is still up there with the best.

With your budget, I'd be looking for decent phones, so one hand and from the classifieds on here.

If the N6 is too big, then the Nexus 5 would be a great contender.

As their 'Google' phones, you get Vanilla Android and no bloatware up with great UI and functionality etc...

The LG G3 is a lovely phone also, as is the HTC One M8, but they're not Vanilla Android!

What about the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S5 etc?!

I have had the OnePlus One for about 6 months and it was definitely worth ever penny. Battery can last up to 3 days with light use but usually charge every 2 days. It is very quick and can handle hi-res videos and twitch streams on source. The great thing about it is the customisation you get from it running on Cyanogen Mod which is based on Android. The camera is amazing too with 13mp images and 4k video. Works really well in low light levels. Also I like having a high end phone that most people don't know what it is or have even heard of. All my previous phones have been Samsung Galaxy's so can only compare to them. Hope this helps

Nexus 5x, Motorola X Play, OnePlus 1/2/x. I would definitely go for one of these five. My wife and I were in the same situation, looking for two £300 phones and we narrowed it down to these. I ended up picking a OPT and although she's not 100% decided yet, it's very likely she will go for the X Play with its above average battery life.

Edit: Could probably add the LG G4 to that list but it was less of a looker :)

I wouldn't get a Oneplus one if you need 4g in the uk as it doesn't support the 800mhz band. Have you considered the Honor 7?

OnePlus One X or Huawei Honor 7.

I have had no problem with 4G on my Oneplus One. Had better speeds than my mate on EE with iPhone 5s

I have had no problem with 4G on my Oneplus One. Had better speeds than my mate on EE with iPhone 5s
It's nothing to do with speed, it's signal. There are 3 frequencies for 4g in the uk 800 MHz 1.8 GHz and 2.6 GHz. The lower the freq the better the range and the better it is at penetrating walls. If you are in a city you probably won't notice the difference, but in more rural areas where you would be relying on the 800 MHz frequency for its longer range you would be knackered.
That's providing your network supports all frequencies, which I think only EE does so far. If you are on O2 they only use 800 MHz so you definitely will not have 4g with a Oneplus One on O2 and only limited cover with the other networks.

It's nothing to do with speed, it's signal. There are 3 frequencies for 4g in the uk 800 MHz 1.8 GHz and 2.6 GHz. The lower the freq the better the range and the better it is at penetrating walls. If you are in a city you probably won't notice the difference, but in more rural areas where you would be relying on the 800 MHz frequency for its longer range you would be knackered.
That's providing your network supports all frequencies, which I think only EE does so far. If you are on O2 they only use 800 MHz so you definitely will not have 4g with a Oneplus One on O2 and only limited cover with the other networks.
I can only go on my own experience but I am with 3 mobile and live in a rural village in the Yorkshire Dales and my 4g signal is spot on. Probably just luck I guess.

Elephone P8000

had mine a couple of months, cost £120 new and literally amazing, don't think I would buy a known brand again after owning this

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom