Best Phone Insurance For iPhones - Applecare+ Or Other?

Suave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Please bear with me as I am really not savvy about these things! I only have a few days in which to buy Applecare for an iPhone - the cost is £200!

There are things I do not like about Applecare which are a) that it is very expensive & one is limited to making only two claims a years and b) even then there is a extra charge of £79 & £25 for each incident depending on the damage. The other main & most important issues are that there is no cover at all for loss or theft which means I would have to also then buy other insurance to cover for loss/theft & hence even more costs - Is Applecare really worth it then - I am struggling to see the benefits of it tbh but plenty seem to be buying it so I maybe missing something about it? Some tech reviews I have read have differing views on Applecare which did not help!

I looked at some of the recommendations by a consumer help website but some of the reviews by members there for some of the independent insurance providers were quite shocking & seemed a real nightmare to deal with with ridiculous reasons fro not honouring claims & taking a very long time to process things etc.

I do not currently have a bank account & see that many use such with which to insure their phones - I may open one if needed to get a good & reliable + honest one that offers great coverage for reasonable money.

Just to let you know, I am not the first owner so techically a used item but it is still under the Official Standard 1 Year Apple Warranty till Feb 2021 - will this affect my ability to get insurance for the phone as it was not bought new by myself & I do not have the receipt?

I would really welcome any help/advice on the best insurance options for me from a decent provider(s) who will not mess me around if a claim is ever to be made & I really prefer something that covers for all scenarios - damage, malfunction, loss/theft & damage etc. It's the loss/theft aspect that really concerns me the most tbh otherwise, I would have just got Applecare despite the high price!

Is there anything else that I should consider or be aware of with getting phone insurance?

Many Kind Thanks!

You haven’t got a bank account? How does one go about life with no bank account? Not even sure you could get insurance without an account?

I’ve never bothered with phone insurance, but then I’m quite careful with my phone.

You can also add phone cover onto home insurance aswell, would probably workout cheaper than AppleCare.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom