Best phone deal inc Video Ipod

jonnypb

Has anyone got one of these deals recently? I've seen on dial-a-phone you can get a D800 (£40) and £30 a month line rental for 250mins and 100 texts plus free video 30gb ipod.

Can anyone find or know about a better deal and are these deals all above board?

Thanks

cracker

Novice Member
personally i think the "free xyz" deals are a bit pointless

you would be better off looking for the same phone on a 12-month free deal, thereby saving £30-£35 a month for 12 months (£360-£420), and buy the ipod (£180 or less) or psp/xbox/tomtom/etc yourself

ps: dont forget many of the sites that offer 12-month free deals or free xyz deals can also net you £25-£40 cashback if you purchase via a link from quidco/greasypalm etc :thumbsup:

jonnypb

cracker said:
personally i think the "free xyz" deals are a bit pointless

you would be better off looking for the same phone on a 12-month free deal, thereby saving £30-£35 a month for 12 months (£360-£420), and buy the ipod (£180 or less) or psp/xbox/tomtom/etc yourself

ps: dont forget many of the sites that offer 12-month free deals or free xyz deals can also net you £25-£40 cashback if you purchase via a link from quidco/greasypalm etc :thumbsup:
12-month free deal!?!?!?!?!

Please tell me where you can get a 12month free deal that has x-network mins and texts. thanks :thumbsup:

cracker

Novice Member
try places like www.mobdeal.com or www.iwantfreelinerental.co.uk

easiest thing is just search on google for "12 month free mobile contract" or similar

those two sites are kind of price-comparison sites showing the best "xx months free" type deals, so you can look at the price in the right-hand column and that is the total price you would end up paying for the entire length of the contract inc the handset cost (most are free)

if you cant find the phone you want 100% free on 12-month, you can generally find a cheap deal of 10 months free etc, and if you can purchase via a quidco/greasypalm link you can get some of that money back as cashback too

For example, i needed a spare phone so i got a Nokia 6280 on O2, on a 12-month contract with 12 months free deal at £35/mnth including 400 mins & 100 txts. So in effect that cost me ZERO. I purchased the phone via a link from quidco.com, which got me £35 cashback. So in fact im £35 in profit :thumbsup:

The only thing you need to remember is that these "12 month free" type deals are via cashback claim, so you will need to remember to send off a claim form every quarter

salthegal

Standard Member
bubble502 said:
Has anyone got one of these deals recently? I've seen on dial-a-phone you can get a D800 (£40) and £30 a month line rental for 250mins and 100 texts plus free video 30gb ipod.

Can anyone find or know about a better deal and are these deals all above board?

Thanks
seems a pretty good deal. :) If your after an Ipod video then it seems there are some quite good deals available on orange contracts (300 mins, 100 texts) at around £30 per month at e 2 save and buymobilephones, dont know whether the free mobile phones are any good though. ;)

http://www.mobdeal.com/display.asp?network=&minutes=0&texts=&contracttype=&gift=video&cashback=yes&showdeals=100

dingwall

Banned
I think it's worth warning you that Dial a Phone and quite a lot of other independent sellers are well known for being truly dreadful companies.

I wouldn't recommend them to anybody, not even my worst enemy!

A couple of friends got tempted by Dial a Phone's offers (when they really were good offers) and both had all sorts of bother with wrong phones turning up, the other had the charger missing (presumably opened/pre-owned) and most seriously extra money being taken with the company not answering or returning their calls.

The Ipod deal isn't that good either - the tarrifs and the handsets are poor. If you really wanted a cheaper handset and an ipod, then I'd suggest buying from a reputable shop, then selling on the more expensive handet to buy the cheaper phone and ipod yourself. Check out Orange Racoon 35 online to see what kind of superb deals are available...free broadband too remember!

jonnypb

dingwall said:
I think it's worth warning you that Dial a Phone and quite a lot of other independent sellers are well known for being truly dreadful companies.

I wouldn't recommend them to anybody, not even my worst enemy!

A couple of friends got tempted by Dial a Phone's offers (when they really were good offers) and both had all sorts of bother with wrong phones turning up, the other had the charger missing (presumably opened/pre-owned) and most seriously extra money being taken with the company not answering or returning their calls.

The Ipod deal isn't that good either - the tarrifs and the handsets are poor. If you really wanted a cheaper handset and an ipod, then I'd suggest buying from a reputable shop, then selling on the more expensive handet to buy the cheaper phone and ipod yourself. Check out Orange Racoon 35 online to see what kind of superb deals are available...free broadband too remember!
I've had a couple of phones from dial a phone and they've always been fine with me - kit has always been brand new. I'd need to check that the ipod is brand new as well though and not a refurb

dingwall

Banned
Alright, cool. Thought as you asked if it was 'above board' that I should warn you about people's experiences and their reputation (google dialaphone legitimate).

By the way, Orange Raccoon includes roll-over minutes and magic numbers (pay for the first minute of the call only)! Plus 550 mins, 200 texts, unlimited landline calls at any time, free 8mb broadband and voip...£35/month... I'm amazed at that deal to be honest, probably should stop telling everyone about it...

But if you must have that ipod, go for it! Some people say the contract only ships the free stuff after a certain number of months - no idea if this is the case for the deal you want, check this too before buying, obviously.

burnleypingu

Standard Member
cracker said:
try places like www.mobdeal.com or www.iwantfreelinerental.co.uk

easiest thing is just search on google for "12 month free mobile contract" or similar

those two sites are kind of price-comparison sites showing the best "xx months free" type deals, so you can look at the price in the right-hand column and that is the total price you would end up paying for the entire length of the contract inc the handset cost (most are free)

if you cant find the phone you want 100% free on 12-month, you can generally find a cheap deal of 10 months free etc, and if you can purchase via a quidco/greasypalm link you can get some of that money back as cashback too

For example, i needed a spare phone so i got a Nokia 6280 on O2, on a 12-month contract with 12 months free deal at £35/mnth including 400 mins & 100 txts. So in effect that cost me ZERO. I purchased the phone via a link from quidco.com, which got me £35 cashback. So in fact im £35 in profit :thumbsup:

The only thing you need to remember is that these "12 month free" type deals are via cashback claim, so you will need to remember to send off a claim form every quarter
Will make a note of this :smashin:

jonnypb

dingwall said:
Alright, cool. Thought as you asked if it was 'above board' that I should warn you about people's experiences and their reputation (google dialaphone legitimate).

By the way, Orange Raccoon includes roll-over minutes and magic numbers (pay for the first minute of the call only)! Plus 550 mins, 200 texts, unlimited landline calls at any time, free 8mb broadband and voip...£35/month... I'm amazed at that deal to be honest, probably should stop telling everyone about it...

But if you must have that ipod, go for it! Some people say the contract only ships the free stuff after a certain number of months - no idea if this is the case for the deal you want, check this too before buying, obviously.
Thanks for the info, I'll check out dial a phone before buying anything else from them.

hmmmm the orange raccoon sounds interesting. I pay £75 a month on broadband, mobile and landline so this could save me some money!!

I checked with them and the ipod is shipped within 28 days and they're brand new models not refurbs