Best Pet?

So come on then... what's YOUR favourite pet?

• Dog - Small (eg yorkie)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Dog - Medium (eg collie)

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Dog - Large (alsatian upwards)

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Cat

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Bird - Small (eg Budgie)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bird - Large (eg Parrot)

• Rodent - Hamster, Rat, Gerbil etc.

• Rabbit / Guinea Pig

• Fish / marine - Indoor

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Fish - Outdoor

• Horse / Pony / Donkey etc.

• Reptile / Snake

• Insect / Spider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tortoise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (can't think of any more!)

• Total voters

mh123

Established Member
Reaction score
What makes the best pet?

You can probably guess my fave from this pic:

Attachments

• HALLOWEEN[1].JPG
    HALLOWEEN[1].JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 136
Fish - least fuss

Tortoise...hmmm..the quiet life...but the bugger will outlive you

Only one choice for cat....pah...

A stuffed one. :D

Used to have an Alsatian a few years back, one of the softest animals I have ever had and yet barked her head off at strangers. Gutted to have lost her really :( She must be 13 now :eek:

PJTX100 said:
A stuffed one. :D

My Bengal would eat you for supper..... :devil:

My youngest breeds Leopard Geckos and i must admit from a parents perspective they must rank as one of the best pets to have, why? Well they don't need walking, they don't bark, don't need house training....very low maintenance pets :thumbsup: . Down-side, food is not cheap (in proportion to their size) and the food must be alive and moving (if only the postman knew what was in some of these boxes he delivers) :eek: :rotfl:

Can we have an option for:
What the hell would you want a pet for anyway? please?

They just seem to take up precious time, money and effort for absolutely no reward. And you have to clear up after them. I don't want kids, I don't want pets. I want nice things that have power switches and can be fed electricity (3-phase ideally) or hydrocarbons. :)

Cat.
Absolutely awesome if you find the right one.
My latest is a jet black tom named Danny, watches Moto GP, World Superbike and British Superbikes with us, also likes F1, won't watch World Rally or Touring Cars, but will watch British GT Championship if nothing else on.
Has the personality of a dog combined with the intelligence of a cat, don't know what we would do without him really !

Kids are over-rated. :D

Another vote for fish.
Cats aren't bad either. Combine the two and you have built in amusement for the whole family.....:devil: It's never gone quite that far... Honest!
Eviljohn2 said:
They just seem to take up precious time, money and effort for absolutely no reward. And you have to clear up after them. I don't want kids, I don't want pets. I want nice things that have power switches and can be fed electricity (3-phase ideally) or hydrocarbons.
I was young once too.......:)

i f****** hate cats, they eat my fish, p*** and crap in my garden, chase the birds (real ones) of which i take photos. i really do hate them.

Cats rule- mine is currently alternating between watching South Park on Paramount and nuzzling the corner of my laptop. She's the best :smashin:.

Cats have certain key skills- self cleaning, able to be left alone during the day, no walks and mine eats moths as well.

mjn said:
Only one choice for cat....pah...
by lumping them together it makes them look vasty more popular than splitting them up :lesson: :D

Cats rule,but unfortunately I don't have space anymore.
Current pets are loads of tropical fish in the biggest tank and Blue Lobsters in the slightly smaller tank. Getting crowded at the moment though, 2 adults and about 8 juveniles with more on the way.

Tons of fun said:
Cats rule- mine is currently alternating between watching South Park on Paramount and nuzzling the corner of my laptop. She's the best :smashin:.

Cats have certain key skills- self cleaning, able to be left alone during the day, no walks and mine eats moths as well.

Another vote for cats here. We've got 2. One thinks she's the madam who rules the house. The other is a poor unfortunate character that was born to be picked on and beaten (unless you get her reallly angry).

I think it's fair to seperate out dogs by type/breed/size etc, and lump cats together. Evolutionarily speaking, cats vary very little from each other, in spite of their 73 or so breeds. Dogs - with their 400+ breeds - show much greater variation in everything from size and weight to general temperament, and so on ...

Personally, it's cats all the way. I could never live without them ... and I've lived with around 30 different ones in as many years! (Long story - don't ask ...)

Cats for me too we have two of them,not to much trouble to keep (asleep 70% of the time) dont need to be taken for a walk when its p##ing down you dont have to scoop their crap off the public footpath or your lawn and they are not as noisy as some dogs.

The only drawback ours bring their prey into the house through the catflap, last month one dragged a magpie in.

polecat said:
The only drawback ours bring their prey into the house through the catflap, last month one dragged a magpie in.

Don't you know, they're presents....

So on a male dominated forum (I assume) cats are winning :eek:

I have both but the obvious winner is the dog. The cat is for the lass.

eviljohn2 said:
Can we have an option for:
What the hell would you want a pet for anyway? please?

They just seem to take up precious time, money and effort for absolutely no reward. And you have to clear up after them. I don't want pets. I want nice things that have power switches and can be fed electricity (3-phase ideally) or hydrocarbons. :)

I'm with him /\ :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom